Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain - Fair- Paint - Corn

We were supposed to go to the fair on Saturday but the weather didn't cooperate. So we decided to try and go today. The weather seemed to be cooperating until we got there. It started raining soon after we arrived and didnt stop. We tried to wait it out under umbrellas, then I decided if we are going to just stand there, we need to either walk around and get a little wet or just leave. But while we decided what we were going to do, Kaylee was staying dry under her personal umbrella.

Marcus insisted that Kaylee's fair experience would not be complete without getting her face painted. We both decided that she should not get her face painted but possibly another part of her body, and her hands were the obvious choice. I was still hesitant about the idea, but Marcus pulled out his trump card and got it done without my full approval. I know, I know it was no big deal if she got the paint everywhere, i mean it IS washable. I got over it really quickly. The butterfly and dog she picked were really cute on her hands. I love watching her as she would glance down at them and admire them. She really tried her hardest not to mess them up. It was quite cute.



After the fair we were going over to my mom and dad's for dinner. Among the items on the menu was corn on the cob. Kaylee loves corn (actually there aren't many things we have found that she doesn't like), but this was her first introduction to corn ON the cob. At first I started cutting it off the cob for her. Then my dad suggested that I let her eat it on the cob. So I did, and she LOVED it! She thought she was hot stuff! Dad told Kaylee that she could come over to help him pick the corn that he grows in his garden this summer. She had no idea what he was talking about, but I'm sure when the time comes, she is going to have a blast with her Abba picking AND more importantly eating all the things he grows in his garden. He sure does LOVE his grand daughter!

(sorry, cell phone cameras dont take the best pictures)

No comments: