Friday, May 1, 2009

How in the world do they do it?

Moms who work outside the home have my utmost respect!

Lately I have been thinking about what it would be like to work outside the house. I knew i wanted to be a stay at home mom since as long as I can remember! i just knew it was what I was supposed to do. And i am so thankful and fortunate to be able to do just that. I never thought it would be an easy job, but it is definitely harder than I ever imagined. I have found myself, on very few occasions, wishing i had some sort of job outside the home. But then i remind myself why i stay at home with my kids.

I want to know how moms who work outside the home get everything done: cooking, cleaning, doctors appointments, spending time with the kids, running errands, etc, and manage to get a decent amount of sleep.

You see I feel like I am struggling to keep up and I stay at home.
Our week went something like this:

Monday- that was so long ago that I can't even remember what we did that day. I'm sure it wasn't too productive or else my house wouldn't look like a bomb went off in it.

Tuesday- we went to Kaylee's make-up Kindermusik class. I worked upstairs installing the shelves in the closets (I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, in regards to upstairs being completed), got a chance to fold some laundry too. Oh and both kids got a bath

Wednesday- my mom came over to watch Ainslee while I took Kaylee to Kindermusik. When we got home it was lunch then nap, I visited with my mom, cleaned up the kitchen, prepared some food, then we ran errands with the family in the afternoon. By the time I had a chance to think about anything the day was over.

Thursday- we got out of the house early again to go to Kaylee's "new school" for a tour. When we got there they were evacuating the entire school due to a possible swine flu case......scary. So instead, Kaylee and I ran errands before returning to grandmas house for lunch and nap. After nap we headed home, played outside for a little bit, ate dinner, took a bath, and off to bed. I stayed awake entirely too late booking our flights to Boston, as with almost everything in my life it didn't go smoothly, but at least we are all booked and we got really good fares.

Friday- we had gym class in the morning, then back to grandmas again for lunch and nap. After that we headed in to get our shots (all 4 of us,Uncle John, grandma, Kaylee, and myself). Kaylee left and went with Uncle John and grandma because she is spending the night with them. It is really fun to watch Kaylee and John together, she has grown quite close to him lately, it's so sweet. Ainslee and I headed to Whole Foods to stock up on my delicious gluten free foods (insert laughter here). We then went to my friend Katie's to drop off dinner I made for them. I had every intention of making them dinner after the birth of their precious baby, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I think she is like 7 weeks old now and I finally got around to doing it. Ainslee and I headed home for dinner and bedtime.

There is laundry to be washed and more to be folded. The floors haven't been mopped in at least a week. Kaylee's new room is STILL 1/2 finished. There are boxes and boxes of baby clothes laying around that need to be sorted and put away. The dust is piling up, well that one really doesn't count because 5 minutes after you dust it settles again and it looks like you never even did it. I will say I do vacuum everyday. The sight of all that dog hair on the floor nearly makes me loose my mind, so I have to vacuum at least once a day mostly it is 2 or 3 times. I'm sure there is much much more that needs to be done, but there are so many they have escaped from my mind at the moment.

Why arent there more hours in the day?

1 comment:

sharon said...

Don't worry , we are all like that and the ones that are not must get a cleaner in but tell everyone else they do it themselves