Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bad Habit

Kaylee has been biting her fingernails now for awhile. I absolutely HATE that habit! I think it is one of the most disgusting habits one could have. Anyways, so I have tried to find ways to get her to stop. I remind her.......no wait, I nag her, every time she puts her fingers near her mouth. I am even sick of hearing myself say "get your fingers out of you mouth." I tried, briefly, looking online for ways to help her stop. All i came up with was the same ol' polish I remember my mom putting on my brothers' thumb to get him to stop sucking it. I had Marcus pick some up from the store last night. Today I applied it to all her nails on both hands, twice, as per the directions. I didn't see her put her fingers in her mouth for a while, I was thrilled! Maybe it was actually going to work. But after putting Kaylee down for her nap, Marcus gave me an update. He said while he was reading her books she was biting her nails and said "daddy like this." She told him that she liked the flavor of the nail polish! The 1st freaking ingredient is cayenne pepper! And she LIKES IT??!! Is that because of the Mexican in her?

I need ideas here people, my 2 year old bites her nails, and it drives me crazy! HELP!!!

1 comment:

sharon said...

Hi there. you can get a thing called stop and grow over hear, it tastes grose. I will send some over with Ainslee's gift.