Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh what a beautiful morning,

(everybody sing with me now)
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way
It started last night with Ainslee sleeping 7 hours then 4 hours. I only got to take advantage of 5 hours then the entire 4 hours. It was nice to have 2 decent stretches of sleep. I woke up feeling very well rested.
When Ainslee woke up in the morning we played for a little bit in our bed. She is getting more and more interactive. She laughs on purpose and coos all the time, she even has a ticklish spot. I have to say her coo is more of a happy moan than a coo. I was able to let her lay in our bed next to Marcus, she laughed and kicked at the ceiling fan while I took a shower, which doesn't happen very often in the mornings. When I got out of the shower Ainslee greeted me with a smile. I nursed her and put her down for her morning nap. I went out and started breakfast. Kaylee woke up about 20 minutes later as happy as a lark with a nice present for me in her diaper.......disgusting!

Kaylee and I enjoyed breakfast together. We were able to talk about lots of things. Then we decided to bring some toys upstairs to the new play room. I picked a few things and brought them up. She was busy making a mess with all the things I brought up. Here's a look at the play room now, it is not finished......obviously! I still need to figure out some storage ideas and something different for the walls.

(above) she was showing her monkey Manny how to color and write his name
When Ainslee woke up we all played for a little bit. She ate her lunch and played under her gym. It is so nice when everyone is in a good mood and we have a happy house all around. Kaylee asked me to take these pictures of her in the fort she build with daddy the other day.
Kaylee ate lunch, actually it was more of a snack, she wasn't too hungry after our big breakfast. I got Kaylee down for her nap and Ainslee down for her afternoon nap at the same time.

Marcus had to wake up early to be on a conference call, so he was able to reluctantly stay home with the girls while i ran to Kroger to get a few groceries. I drove the Jetta since it was just me, and I realized how much i really miss driving that car. It is so nice to get away, even if it is just for a few minutes. This is what I saw in the middle of the road on the way to Kroger, I had to stop and take a picture of it to show Kaylee. It was HUGE!

After dinner Kaylee had a popsicle for dessert. Here is what her lips looked like after the fact.

All in all it was a WONDERFUL day!

1 comment:

Confessions said...

oh that room. that beautiful, lovely, empty room. i'd give my right arm for all that space! enjoy it, girl!

and i think that is called an alligator turtle. we used to see those all the time on our street growing up. (that has got to be gramatically incorrect, but i don't know how to fix it. heehee)