Thursday, May 7, 2009

My husbands new mission

Marcus has been driving the Jetta to work now since we got my new car, he still likes to take my car to work every now and then though. As I said in a previous post it just makes sense that he drive a fuel efficient car the 80 miles to and from work each night.

He announced to me yesterday his new mission....... It is to see how high he could get the miles per gallon by driving really "fuel efficiently". So instead of gunning it and using the shift on the fly (I think that is what it is called) feature my husband is opting to take it easy on the little Jetta. So far he has gotten it up to 47.5 MPG and that was an average after travelling 2000 miles. I think is goal is to get it up near 50 MPG. How awesome is that? 47-50 MPG!!!

I wish my new car got that good gas mileage, I am lucky to get 1/2 that.


In the meantime someone else in our house is getting ready to drive


Kaylee asked Amma if she could drive with her. I gave them the "okay" and said she could go up the driveway. Kaylee was in heaven pushing all Amma's buttons, literally and figuratively. It was so funny, Kaylee had her hands up in the air and was honking the horn with her belly. That is why they are laughing so hard in the picture. I swear Kaylee has the best sense of humor of any 2 year old I have ever met, and she has had it since she was born.

No comments: