Monday, June 8, 2009

Surprise! Surprise!

Ok I think my 30th birthday is FINALLY over!

Marcus surprised me with, what he says is the last surprise, a party. Saturday night we had my scheduled "birthday dinner" with my family. My little brother vehemently told me that he wouldn't be able to make it because he had dinner plans with his girlfriend. Apparently they hadn't been out alone for quite some time, so he didn't want to cancel (and looking back on it he was very convincing, which is SO out of character for him). My sister always works Saturday nights, so I didn't think anything of it when she said she couldn't make it. And my older brother called the night before to tell me he couldn't make it either, he had the lame excuse of "I'm going to the movies." So I figured ok, I guess it will just be my parents and our family for dinner. Less DRAMA, as Marcus put it. After a much needed nap, in an attempt to recover from the night before (oh yeah I still need to post about my actual birthday night surprise, ok that will be my next post), we sat down and enjoyed our filet, roasted potatoes, and zucchini. I thought it was kinda strange how my dad jumped up and did ALL the dishes in a FLASH immediately after everyone finished their meal! I mean my dad never does the dishes after dinner. My mom refused to keep Kaylee over night so that we could stay later, so we all headed home for bedtime. Marcus insisted that we get gas on the way home, which (looking back) was an obvious ploy to slow the journey back to our house! When we turned onto our street and came over the hill, I SAW IT! The crowd of people at the top of our driveway and the balloons! I was SURPRISED! Never in a million years did I think that he had organized a surprise party and at our house! Are you kidding me?!? My first thought was HOW in the world did I miss that? But I guess he is getting better at being a little sneaky. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Anyways, then my thoughts went to......HOLY CRAP MY HOUSE IS A WRECK!!! I had been out of town the 2 previous weekends and had not had much time in between to "get things back to normal." As I jumped out of the car to great my guests, I was quickly reassured that everything would be OKAY in that department.

So here I was completely surprised, with loads of people all at my house to celebrate MY birthday. I was SHOCKED! and HAPPY! and EXCITED for the night to begin!

I am so sorry to admit that I did not get 1 single picture of the night. I have however, asked my mom if I could get a few from her camera to post, but hadn't had the chance yet. We had tons of food and drink, and a whole LOT of fun!!! They even thought to get me my very own GF cake. And it was FABULOUS! Kaylee ran around with all her friends having the time of her life! She absolutely had a BLAST, and stayed up WAY WAY past her bedtime. But that was ok, cause it was momma's party!

After the night was over Marcus came up to me, asked me if I had fun, kissed me sweetly, and said "Babe I promise, this is the LAST surprise. I just cant do it anymore! I am so glad there are 10 years between 30 and 40!" Hahaha!

What a SWEET SWEET husband I have!!!


SO MANY THANKS TO JOHN AND CEIRE FOR ALL YOU DID TO MAKE THIS PARTY POSSIBLE!
I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU DID!!!

2 comments:

Confessions said...

happy 30th, 4 days late!! i'm so sorry we couldn't be at the party. we running around like crazy people getting ready for mt's baptism and having a crowd for lunch after church. i'm glad it was SUCH a surprise!! :)

Crista and Harry said...

Sorry I missed it! We'll party in Boston to make up for it!