Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Point of NO Return

Ainslee has been rolling over now for weeks. She doesn't do it all the time, but she has the capability of doing it whenever she likes. She can go from front to back much easier than back to front. She has only gone from back to front about 3 times. That is the problem! When she is in her tiny little bassinet, that she has just about outgrown, she can roll onto her back and then she has trouble getting back onto her belly. And my kids are "belly sleepers". I know all the studies show that it is safer to put your child on his/ her back to sleep, but neither of my kids like sleeping on their back. So for the next couple of weeks while Ainslee learns to roll back onto her belly, we are going to have one of those "adjustment" periods. I really hope this one doesn't interfere too much with her sleep though. I think it is strange how Ainslee started rolling over almost 2 months before Kaylee ever rolled. I wonder if Kaylee was just too fat to roll her chunky little self over. Haha! I LOVE fat babies! Ainslee does have a couple little rolls going on her arms and legs, but nowhere near as many as her Michelin sister! She has some BIG shoes to fill!


I am getting the rooms ready for
THE BIG SWITCH!
Lately, my days have been filled with getting Kaylee's "new room" ready for her, and Ainslee's "new room" (AKA Kaylee's old room) ready for her. There is still much much more to be done in the new room, but it is coming along quite nicely, just slowly. I have finally settled on a decision about Kaylee sleeping arrangement in her new room. After going back and forth about 100 times, I decided to leave Kaylee in a crib. I feel more comfortable with her in a crib and she LOVES being in a crib. So I figure dont fix it unless it's broke! She does not ever try and get out, so for now I am leaving her in one. I will have her big girl bed in the room as well so that I can make the switch whenever we are both comfortable with it. I have a feeling it wont be too long until she is in the big bed. Kaylee talks about her new room all the time, and is VERY excited about moving in there. Let's hope the transition goes smoothly.

Oh and Kaylee is now able to put her own shorts on properly. She gets both legs in the holes and can pull them up too. I'm so proud of her! I'm sure it won't be long until she is telling me what she wants to wear, and the arguments will be soon after that.

No comments: