Thursday, June 4, 2009

I can't quite figure it out

I got my teeth cleaned yesterday and the entire time the hygienist was asking me questions. Here she is with a sharp pointy thing in one hand and her other hand holding my lips out of the way. And she expects me to be able to talk to her? It makes me laugh to think about that job, she has to sit there everyday cleaning out some funky mouths and she can't even talk to her patients. Well I guess she can talk to them, but they surely can't respond. At least I haven't figured out how to talk with one of those scrapey things in my mouth.

While I'm on the subject of doctors, I'll go ahead and give you the update on Tahoe. He had ANOTHER surgery yesterday. The hematoma in his ear was back, and it filled with blood again. When the vet went in to repeat the surgery, he found that 3 of the stitches didn't hold up, which was why it filled back up again. So while he was going to be under anestesia for that we decided to go ahead and strip him of his manhood too. So he lost his man parts without any warning, how sad. We figured it was better than dealing with these prostate problems for the rest of his life.

Marcus went to pick him up today and Tahoe was doing great! As soon as he sees Marcus he gets so excited and began shaking his head, blood spewed everywhere and they had to bandage up pretty much his entire head. Then they gave him a little tranquilizer to calm him down. When I got home and saw him for the first time he looked drunk. Marcus said that's exactly how the vet described the shot as "having one beer too many!" So he is BACK on antibiotics (oh wait he never really got off of them after his last surgery and from the cysts they found on his prostate). He has to go back 2 MORE times to have the stitches removed, I swear everyone in our vets office knows our voice when we call we dont even have to identify ourselves. I swear we are keeping that place in business these days! OH and we have been instructed to not let him lick his man-parts, or what is left of them. So now on top of my 2 kids I have to make sure he doesn't lick himself and give himself an infection or break loose the stitches. I feel like my plate is filling up again.

No comments: