Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PURE TORTURE

I hate the beach!
I hate the sand!
I hate everything about it!
Sorry to be so blunt. But I absolutely can't stand it!

It was so bad in high school that when I played softball I had to keep soap and water in the dugout so I could wash my hands in between innings. And that's bad!


Most people travel from far far away to visit such attractions as the beach, I on the other hand, try and stay as far as possible away from anything that involves sand. Despite my simple efforts to avoid all talks of visiting the beach on this vacation, I finally had to succumb to the requests of my husband. Me being the loving wife I am decided to appease my husband and his request to visit Cocoa, where he lived as a child. We went to see his old house and then to Cocoa Beach, and Ron Jon surf shop. I tried up until the very last minute to avoid going onto the beach, but was gently coaxed by my husband. We were on the beach for all of about 10 minutes and I have to say it was complete torture for me, every second was torture. Kaylee seemed to have the same "love" of sand as me. At first she barely put her feet down. Then she wouldn't even walk in the sand. Finally she got comfortable enough to walk and she wanted to touch the sand with her fingers. But then she hated the sand on her fingers so she tried to wipe it off. When we got down to the water she wanted to get her "baben suit" on and get in. Thank heavens I didn't bring one or the torture would have continued. Sand would have been in all the unmentionable places! We snapped a few pictures before walking back to the shower area to rinse our feet and hands. But it wasn't enough, I could still feel the sand all over me, even hours after leaving I can feel the sand, ugh I can't stand it! And what's even worse is we had to pay $9 in tolls to experience such unforgettable moments.


Tell me what is it about the sand and the beach that everyone loves so much?!? And am I the ONLY one who can't stand even the thought of sand?

No comments: