Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kaylee's "news zroom"

Yesterday Kaylee napped in her "new room" for the first time and it went great! I read her books in her old room, mostly because it has a chair and doesn't have things that need to be packed all over the bed. Oh and Ainslee wasn't napping in her room at that time. Then after books I rocked her as usual and walked her the 10 yards into her "new room". She went down without a fuss! I thought to myself "MAN that was Eeeazzzy!" After nap she bragged to everyone about sleeping in her new room, by everyone I mean both grandmas, uncle John, Auntie Ceire, and grandpa.

Then when it was time for bed at night; this was a much different story. Kaylee seemed ok with the fact that she would be sleeping in her new room up until the point when I placed her into the crib. She wanted nothing to do with it. She wanted to sleep in the "big girl bed". It took me about 20 minutes to get her settled, when usually she goes down without a fight. I figure if this keeps up we might just be moving into the big bed before too long. But she settled nicely, with a pillow in her crib for the first time ever, and slept the whole night. I guess this is what my friends were trying to warn me of when I told them I was going to switch the girls' rooms. I hope that Kaylee adjusts well, as she has with every other change in her life. It makes me think what vacation is going to be like after 2 nights in a hotel, an all night plane ride, 7 nights in one condo, 7 nights in a different condo, then a 900 mile trip home. Whoa that's a lot! I keep telling myself "kids are resilient, she can handle it". Because if I don't think that way then we wouldn't go on vacation or have fun experiences until they are grown. So I am hoping that she adjusts well and that we all have a great time!

Today nap and bedtime were much simpler. She asked to go to sleep in the big bed, she even asked if I would sleep in the big bed, but she went down fairly easy. I sure do hope that both girls get a full nights rest so we can start this vacation off on the right foot. Marcus packed the car, took Tahoe to Ceire's house, and I have been getting all the last minute things together. I have to get the girls up and load the rest of the stuff up in the morning before heading to pick Marcus up from work. UGH I hope I don't forget anything, I have a list a mile long. As if all the stress of a trip isn't enough, when we got home from our play date today I realized that our A/C was no longer working downstairs. It kept getting hotter and hotter. Finally I went to check the breaker and found that the one outside was tripped. I turned it back on and the unit came on immediately. We finally got the temp down to a comfortable level. I hope we don't come home to a furnace.

No comments: