Tuesday, June 23, 2009

St. Louis

We went to St Louis this weekend for the Meehan Family Reunion. As always it was SO SO nice to see everyone again. Especially my grandma! We werent able to squeeze in as much fun as we had planned but we still had a wonderful weekend. We got an early start (4:20 am) Friday morning, so we were able to go straight to see grandma when we arrived. We had a short visit with her, before Marcus and I went to check into the hotel and put Kaylee down for a nap. After naps and dinner we took Kaylee to the Magic House, she had a BLAST! we only got to stay about an hour because it was so incredibly packed and it was way past bedtime. I'll post pics later hopefully, our internet at the house is acting up so not sure when I can get them uploaded.


Saturday we went for breakfast, then to the reunion which is held at the park near my grandmas house. It is such a nice park, with a water play area, and age appropriate playgrounds for all ages. We had a wonderful day! I was most proud of Kaylee who, despite skipping her nap entirly, behaved extrordinary!


Sunday morning, Father's Day, we woke up early and the girls gave Marcus his father's day gift. Marcus and I took the girls back to Kirkwood park to play. Then we packed up the car and waited for them to wake up from their naps. We decided to eat a late lunch at a restaurant we just happen to pass by, it was called HuHot Mongolian Grill it was SO yummy! We would have all enjoyed our lunch a bit more if Kaylee would have been cooperating, I guess every kid has to have a complete meltdown every now and then. Man she was sure in RARE form that day! After lunch we dropped mom and Kaylee at the airport. Marcus, Ainslee, and I stopped by grandma's one more time to visit and pick up some elk and buffalo meat my uncle brought from Jackson Hole, WY. On the way home we stopped at Outback for dinner. When I asked for a gluten free menu, I was given the manager who has Celiac, like me. She stayed at our table talking about her condition and gluten free foods for a very long time. She turned our "quick" stop into a 2 hour pitstop. She did tell me about a fabulous gluten free bakery in St. Louis that I am now dying to try. We finally made it home about 1am and all three of us crashed, happily in our own beds.


The beautiful rainbow we saw on the way home
Ainslee did great in her seat this trip. I think after spending 3 out of the past 4 weekends in her seat she has finally figured out that she might as well be happy.
This is what the line outside Ted Drew's looked like Saturday night when we made the boys go get us custard. Man is that stuff good! If you are planning a trip to the St Louis area you HAVE TO pay Ted Drew's a visit, you definitely wont regret it.
I'll try and get the pictures from our camera uploaded before this weekends trip to Florida.

No comments: