Friday, August 21, 2009

Big Mistake

Any of you readers out there that have been following my blog for a long time (or that I talk to on a regular basis) know that I cant stand it when men think that women are incompetent just because we are women. For example tonight Marcus and I are watching Hells Kitchen, our new favorite obsession, and there was this one guy on there who said something negative about women EVERY TIME he opened his mouth. The first couple of comments I just ignored, but then I was so sick of it that I actually mentioned it to Marcus. And guess who went home this episode.....Mr. Can't Say Anything Nice about Women! HA!

Anyways back to my post, so if you have been following my blog for about the last 1 1/2 years you might remember this post where I ranted about men thinking I cant put gas in my own car. Well today I proved those men right! Yes my friends I did it, i did exactly what I thought I would NEVER EVER EVER NEVER do.....I put gas in our car. Now that doesn't sound like such a bad thing except that it is a DIESEL! Thank God I noticed my mistake BEFORE I started the car!

After making the call to Marcus to tell him what I had done, to my friend to tell her I wouldn't be able to make it for my shift, my dad to just vent, the VW dealership to ask them what their recommendations were, my mom to give her the update because she had Kaylee and plans would be changing in regard to her, and roadside assistance asking for a tow truck, I broke down. I couldn't believe that I had been so stupid! I did surprise myself though, I didn't freak out like I would have in the past, I was just so pissed at myself for making such a stupid mistake. And as I reflect on the situation now while typing this post I wonder "what in the heck would I have done without my cell phone?" I know I would have managed, but how much easier it made the situation to be able to make the necessary calls immediately from my car.

My dad recommended that I call the dealership, which I did, and that is where I learned that I could siphon out the gas myself, but I would run the risk of residue being left over that could eventually damage other/ bigger parts of the car, so i decided that it was better to spend a little extra money now to have the job done right, than run the risk of having to fork out huge bucks later. We do plan on driving that little car until the wheels fall off! Anyways so the VW service man informed me that I had free roadside assistance (which I probably knew at one point but had forgotten). I called them up and they sent the tow truck. Marcus came to pick me up, and my mom brought Kaylee out to our house to wait for the freezer repair man (that's a WHOLE nother story). It all worked out in the end, but then again it really isn't the end yet. We will find out on Monday what kind of damage I have done to our bank account.

I am not making excuses, well maybe just a few, but I have not driven the jetta much lately, much less put diesel in it. It had been so long since I had, that I could not even remember what side the gas tank was on and there isn't a little arrow on the dash to tell you. On top of that I was talking on the phone when I pulled up to the pump (I know you aren't supposed to talk on the phone when you are pumping gas) and just started pumping the premium out of habit. YES premium, that is what we have to put in my car. So on top of the money we have to spend to fix my mistake I wasted $40 on the gas i put in the tank. GOSH I am such an idiot!

I was so thankful that Marcus didn't once say anything negative to me about this. He didn't throw out even the slightest comment. I know I was pissed off enough for the both of us, and I knew what I did was wrong and stupid. I am SO glad that he didn't throw it back in my face. Thanks babe! I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

oh...sorry you had such a hard day. hang in there.