Saturday, March 15, 2008

Not so dumb blonde

i just had to tell this little story that happened to me the other day, i hope you like it as much as i did.

i was pumping gas when these 3 biker dudes pulled up and parked behind me. they were waiting for me to finish pumping so they could use the pump. My car was about half way full with gas, when i notice out of the corner of my eye one of the guys hurling himself over one of the bikes. he runs up to me and stops to say "is that a diesel car?" i responded the way i have never been able to respond before, i can never think of what i want to say when i need to say it, then the situation passes and i think of what i wanted to say, but it is too late, so i said to him "NO, why?" (with the straightest face possible) He said "you are putting diesel in your car. " To which i replied "I am??" Then as he is about to grab the pump to stop me i said "no i am just joking. YES! this is a diesel car" and i pointed to the TDI (turbo diesel injection) that was on the back of my car and then I turned and said "what did you think that becuase i am a woman i dont know what kind of gas to put in my car? Or is it because you think i am a dumb blonde?" The man was so shocked! All i could think at that moment was i finally said what i wanted to say at the exact moment i wanted to say it, but then i did not know what to do. I kinda felt bad. i thought "man that guy was just looking out for me." But i was laughing inside. Then i guess to kind of break the ice he said "you must get really good gas milage." And we talked a bit about that then i finished up and showed him the sticker inside my gas door that says "DIESEL FUEL ONLY." And got in my little Jetta and drove away.

This is, i think, the 6th time that a guy has questioned me when i am putting diesel in my little car. and finally i was able to make a little joke about it. anyways, it doesnt sound as funny as it was but that is my little story. it makes me think about what guys think of women when they do certain things, like i bet he would not have questioned marcus putting diesel in the Jetta, because he is a man.

Does anyone know where i can get a bumper sticker that says "I'm not an idiot, this is a diesel car" or one that says "I might be an idiot, but i know what kind of gas to put in my car"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! I wish that I could've seen the look on his face....thanks for the laugh