Monday, August 24, 2009

New Lovies

Here are the
lovies/ blankets/ chewies
that my mom and I made for Ainslee. As you know she has a crazy obsession and I thought I might as well be prepared. So I got out some of the fabric that I bought to make diapers (Yeah I never got past my prototype) and some ribbon from Auntie Ceire and Amma Barbara. I had the idea in my head of how I wanted the lovies to be and they turned out pretty much perfectly. We made 4 separate ones, and she seems to really like them. She especially loves chewy and sucking on the ribbons. And I like the idea of being able to attach them to anything to prevent them from falling on the ground. She still shows favoritism to her "yellow" blanket, but these seem to comfort her in the car and other places, just not so much in the bed.
There is one blanket missing, I'm not exactly sure why, it must have been in the wash or something

4 comments:

Confessions said...

Mary Thomas does the exact same thing...props herself up with her elbow and sticks her thumb in her mouth. What are we going to do with these little thumb suckers?!?!

Kelli said...

Look at you...smart, pretty and crafty, too! :) Good work, Mom!

And that little sweetie is so stinkin' cute! What a doll!!

Wanting What I Have said...

LOVE the lovies!!! Where did you get that fabric? It looks so soft! Great job!

Crista and Harry said...

You can make some of these for you niece/nephew.