Monday, March 23, 2009

Tweet Tweet Cry

Every spring we are graced with the presence of birds at the Martinez house. They build their nest on our front porch and poo all over the place. They attack guests as they attempt to approach our front door. And they peck at every window in the house. That must be because my windows are so clean!

The ones that peck at my back window are the most annoying. I guess that is because we spend most of our time in the living room. Today I was sitting in my usual spot on the couch with my back to the window. I was nursing Ainslee and Kaylee was sitting next to me when all of a sudden we heard a loud bang! This one was much louder than the usual pecking. I turned around to find a bird on the ground with what looks like a broken wing and its leg was laying very strangely out to the side. It lay their helpless as Kaylee asks a thousand times "what's dat?" I showed her the bird and told her he has a boo boo. She has been talking about it ever since. Saying "tweet tweet cry ah boo boos." It definitely kept her occupied while I nursed, which is a good thing. I have been struggling with keeping her out of trouble while I am busy nursing. So I guess I need to start sacrificing a bird everytime I nurse so that she won't get into any trouble. That bird kept her glued to the window for at least 20 minutes. After I was finished I opened the back door to see if it would fly away, and sure enough it attempted to fly away.

No comments: