Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Date Night - 1st Bottle

Marcus and I were able to go on our 1st date, since Ainslee was born, the other night. We dropped both girls off with Ceire and Rita and headed to the movies. We were actually a little early so we decided to go for some sushi before the movie. We went to see Taken; I highly recommend that movie, I really enjoyed it. But I can't say which I enjoyed more: the alone time with Marcus or the movie. Then we went to the hospital to visit my friend Katie who had just had her first baby. Precious little Mary Thomas was born just 7 hours before we met her.


Kaylee was scheduled to spend the night at their house so we went back to pick up ainslee and then headed home for a nice night with just ainslee. However she did not cooperate very much, my plan of sleeping in failed just about the time Ainslee decided she wasn't going to sleep more than 3 hours at a time. But either way it was a nice break only having 1 child to care for.


So back to the point of this post......Ainslee is scheduled for an Upper GI on Wednesday so the doctors want her to practice taking a bottle before she has to drink the barium from a bottle for the procedure. Like always I get all worked up and nervous before my kids take big steps like this, and once again they showed me that there is no reason to worry. Ainslee took the bottle so perfectly. Ceire said that she started the bottle during a commercial break and she was finished and burped before the show was back on. How's that for an efficient eater! One thing I know for sure is that my girls LOVE to eat! That's how I know they are my kids, they share my love of food!

No comments: