Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sometimes it takes a woman to do a man's job

How many men does it take to open a jar of artichokes?

Apparently more than 2!

The other day I asked Marcus to open my jar of artichokes. When he was unsuccessful he enlisted the help of "B" (my sister's boyfriend). They struggled with the jar for a few minutes before making their way to the floor, I guess in an attempt to get better leverage. They tried so hard to open the jar I thought they were going to pop a blood vessel or something. In the meantime Kaylee, Mary, and I were watching and laughing at them struggling over this jar. Kaylee even tried to help them at one point. After a few more minutes Mary decided to take a crack at opening it. She took the jar to the kitchen while the boys were thinking 1 of 2 things:

#1 there is no way in hell a girl is going to open that if we couldn't
#2 if she opens that it is because we loosened it for her

After about 5 seconds Mary emerges from the kitchen with the jar in one hand and the lid in the other. I nearly fell off the couch laughing. She said it was a girl trick she learned, about how to pop the seal using a knife. Well whatever she did it worked and we all got a good laugh out of it!

No comments: