Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our New BIG NEWS

It seems our lives have been full of gigantic news lately, so I figure why stop now?

Our newest news started to unravel a few weeks ago when FedEx announced the pay cuts for their employees. As soon as Marcus told me the that, I immediately started freaking out wondering how we were going to make it financially in Hawaii with so much less money. Marcus was busy trying to prepare himself personally and professionally for the job change and move all while trying to figure out how this pay cut was going to affect us. He was finally able to get some answers, 2 days before he was scheduled to leave. Turns out that the financial impact was much more than we could possibly bear heading to such a high cost of living area. So we decided it would be best to pull out of the whole deal. He spoke with many people about his decision and finally made it official on New Years Eve. I think we were both relieved by the decision knowing that we would have been putting our family in a horrible position by going. Now we are focused on finishing the upstairs and preparing for the new baby's arrival. I have been so happy having Marcus at home with us, and couldn't imagine us being separated now, as the plan was before. Not only are we working on the upstairs we are trying to get Kaylee's "big girl room" ready. She is going to move into the front room (the old office), to make room for the baby in the nursery. I am busy deciding what colors and designs I am going to put in there. I think I have settled on chocolate with some pinks, greens, and blues. I will definitely get some pictures as soon as there is something to take a picture of.

I feel bad that days after I sent out our Christmas cards announcing our move to EVERYONE plans have changed.


Upstairs Update.........we have kinda been on hold the past week or so with the New Year and all, but I would consider us on the home stretch now. We are in desperate need of attic doors, they will really help out with keeping the heat regulated and cut down on the never ending drywall dust! I believe all that is left is hanging 2 new windows, trim, doors, and the paint touch-ups. It is really exciting to have the extra space! Feel free to come check it out whenever you want.

No comments: