Monday, January 12, 2009

Kaylee's Birthday

Yesterday we had a little party for Kaylee's birthday. It was sorta a last minute thing because I didn't want to have a big party when Marcus wasn't going to get to be here for it (that's before we knew we WEREN'T moving to Hawaii). So one day last week I get a text from my brother asking what the plans are for Kaylee's birthday and i thought "Oh CRAP, now Marcus will be here I better get something together! Thanks for reminding me."

We decided to do another small "family" birthday party at our house. So my 2 brothers (and their girlfriends), my sister (and her boyfriend), my mom and dad, Marcus' mom and sister, and a family friend, all came out for the afternoon. Oh yeah and my brothers' girlfriends' daughter, who happens to be only a few months younger than Kaylee. We had tons of appetizers, opened presents, watched football, played with toys (even the grown ups!), and grilled out for dinner. It was a really fun night. Kaylee had an ABSOLUTE blast! And the gluten free cupcakes were a big hit too (compliments of Aunt Concha, who sent me a chocolate gluten free cake mix last month). Speaking of cake, Kaylee was able to blow out her own candle, which really surprised me, I thought she would be scared of the fire but she blew it right out......I think she forgot to make a wish though. Then when it was time to eat it, she decided that she LOVED the taste of it, but HATED getting her fingers dirty. She would leave the cupcake on her tray and lean down, putting her face into the cupcake, to take her bites. That is until Aunty Ceire helped her out by feeding her bites. The night ended with Kaylee's all-time favorite game of hide-and-seek. She loves to try and find Uncle John and Aunt Mary when they hide. But most of all she loves it when they jump out and scare her.

I'm sure next year will be a party full of a bunch of little 3 year olds running around the place.......I cant even imagine what it is going to be like.

See the slide show above for a few pictures of the evening.

No comments: