Thursday, January 29, 2009

2nd False Alarm

Last week I thought that I might be going into labor. My contractions were regular at 12 minutes apart but not getting closer or stronger. Then after a couple of hours they just tapered off and then stopped.

Yesterday I felt kinda "off" most of the day with more intense contractions and pressure very sporadic throughout the late morning and early afternoon. I finally started timing them later in the evening and found I am having more than I thought. But once again not getting stronger or regular. This time they were between 5 and 8 minutes apart. I called the nurse and was instructed to wait it out until they became 5 minutes apart and were more intense.

Later in the evening they became more regular so we went to the hospital. After being monitored and examined, they found that I am still 3cm and not progressing yet, so it is deemed to be false labor. I am going in for an appointment today, hopefully, to see my doctor.

So more waiting........

I'll keep you all posted

No comments: