Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Frozen Meals

I have never been good at eating frozen meals!


Before we had Kaylee I tried a new place in Collierville where you go and prep your meals and then bring them home to cook them. This place helped me deal with my frozen food phobia. And we thoroughly enjoyed the fabulous meals they had to offer. So a few months ago I decided that I would revisit this place to prepare more meals for when this baby is born, and I am not quite feeling up to cooking meals every night. So I got on their website to check out the meals they were offering and found that they had closed about 3 months prior. I was devastated! Now what would I do to enjoy healthy, delicious, easy to prepare meals? I decided that I would try my hand at preparing my own meals and freezing them. I started thinking about what i liked to eat after Kaylee was born, and all I could remember was that i wanted to eat ALL the time! Mrs. Julie, one of my aides from my teaching years at Holy Rosary, made us a perfect recipe. I decided that would be the first one that I would try to freeze. It is what I like to call "Chicken, corn, rice, cheesy soup." I decided to make the recipe once and eat it to see if Marcus and I still approved of it. And it was a huge hit, Marcus said half-way through his bowl that he could eat this more often, and Kaylee munched it right up too. So I gathered the ingredients necessary to make 2 more batches of which i made and froze today. I have also gathered a list of other "favorite" meals we have and am going to be making them the rest of this week. right now my list includes:


  • beef pot pie (minus the crust, that we will make when we actually eat it)
  • beef and broccoli
  • the all time favorite, chicken pot pie (minus the crust)
and a few sides

  • twice baked potatoes
  • spaghetti squash

So i figure after I make and freeze all that we should be able to eat a delicious meal at least every other night for 2-3 weeks after the baby is born. If anyone has anymore ideas of great meals that are easy to freeze let me know.

1 comment:

Damie said...

you are a good cook. We never had you over for dinner here...:( is there still time? Don't leave!!!!!!!!