Friday, January 16, 2009

My ranting continues

The trim guy actually showed up today, 2 1/2 hours late, but he showed up! That is about the extent of the good news. The bad news is, is that I counted the doors that got delivered earlier this week and found that we are 1 door short. Not knowing which doors were attic (aka insulated) I wasn't sure which one we were missing. So I told Marcus about it this morning, and he tried calling the door guy (the one we bought the boors from, not the installer). But he no longer works at that company, keep in mind he worked there just yesterday. So when the trim guys got to work, it quickly became one problem after the next. First they banged the ceiling on the way up the stairs, then the wall, then the real problems started. Let me just bullet point the rest in an effort to shorten this lengthy rant
  • we now have a door we did not order at the top of the steps and is too small so it wont stay shut (but we decided we are going to keep the door and make the doorway narrower to accommodate the size difference)
  • the doors we "thought" were attic doors are not insulated, they are regular interior doors
  • we are missing one attic door, apparently it was never ordered
  • the window trim wasn't delivered for one room
  • one set of closet doors were 2 inches too short
  • the other set of closet doors were 10 inches too short (how can you be off by as much as 10 inches?)
  • AND to top it off our trim guy is going out of town all next week so work will not continue until the following week at the earliest!

So now after all that we still have 1 attic opening that is causing a problem with keeping our heat regulated, and the other 2 that he did go ahead and hang are not even insulated (but at least they are there to prevent some of the cold air from blowing). The trim is almost complete in the playroom, and they did a little bit in the hallway, i would say that part is about 1/3 of the way complete. So let me think, if they would have shown up on time today or better yet yesterday as planned all of these problems could have been taken care of, but NNOOOO, now we have to wait til Monday to reorder the things we need.

I know there are always "snags" in construction projects but I am so NOT in the mood for anymore with this project. I'm wondering if it will be completed by the time the baby arrives. Heck the stress from upstairs might just send me into labor.

I promise this is the last I will use my blog as a means for my venting!

By the way did you all notice that the baby in my pregnany counter has been head down, the real baby inside me has been head down causing problems now for about 2 months. This baby is so low in my pelvis that a lot of the time I have that pregnancy waddle going on, Marcus even makes fun of me every now and then about it. And i only have like 33 more days. I cant believe it is that close, I am getting really excited about meeting this little one! Oh and we are pretty sure we have both a boy and girl name picked out!

1 comment:

Bookie-Roo said...

CONTRACTORS BLOW, I AM SORRY, BUT THIS IS JUST THE TRUTH! oops, sorry about the caps. mine still calls demanding money from a job he never finished. anyway, i apologize about not letting you know i had gotten engaged. it happened the weekend after christmas. he asked at the zoo, really sweet since we always go to zoo lights. anyway, i am not really in wedding mode anymore. my grandfather had a stroke and that has had all of us in a tangle and running back and forth from here to hot springs. then, i dont know if you remember meghan jones or not, but her and her hubby were expecting and she had a miscarriage last week and that really brought me down too. so i am currently anti-wedding at the moment since so much other stuff is going on. but damie has been a big help, letting me rant and rave and not being too judgemental.

enough bad stuff. how are you? i know you are do very soon! february baby yeah? i am very excited! i still say girl, but we will see! how is the hawaii stuff going? i have been so out of the loop on everyhting. we need to get together before you jet outta here!