Thursday, March 27, 2008

Moldy Belly Button

Have you ever had a moment that really only lasted a few seconds, but felt like a few minutes? I had that sort of experience today.

So i get Kaylee up from her afternoon nap today and lay her down to change her diaper. I take off her pants, unbutton her onesie, start to take off her diaper when i see what looks like mold in her belly button. For about 2 seconds i was freaking out. In those 2 seconds i managed to think: i gave her a bath last night, I have seen her belly button at least 5 times already today while sitting on the potty, and WHAT ON EARTH COULD THAT BE?

Those 2 seconds felt like they lasted at least two minutes!

So before even looking to see what the green mold could be, i grabbed it with my fingers and quickly realized that it was a green bean. I had given her green beans to eat by herself for lunch and one of them obviously made its way inside and down her shirt and found its home inside her belly button, where it stayed for all of naptime. All I could do was laugh!

Some kids sleep with a lovie, some kids sleep with a blanket. Not my child, she sleeps with a green bean!



She told me (in her own little way) that she was saving that one for later.

1 comment:

Damie said...

oh michele...your child is going to be something else!!!