Monday, March 24, 2008

Just call me "Martha Stewart"

Our Easter Socks!

Marcus, Kaylee, and I hosted Easter at our house this year. We had my entire family (mom, dad, Joe, Mary, and John), John's girlfriend, Marcus' mom, and Audrey (family friend). So needless to say we had a full house. Oh and we had to send 'to-go' food home for Marcus' sister who miss the event due to work.

dad brought the DELICIOUS ham, NO ONE else can cook a ham that tastes so good! Mom and John brought the Jell-O eggs, and ALL the candy! Oh My Gosh could there BE any more candy?!? Oh yeah mom brought the walnuts too. You might ask, how many times can 1 person burn the walnuts when attempting to toast them? I managed to burn 2 batches before successfully toasting the 3rd, I guess the saying is right, "3rd time is a charm." Thanks mom for bringing 2 EXTRA bags of walnuts, instead of the 1 i requested. Rita brought the bread (me being the GF person I am never thinks of bread). And I made the rest: creamy mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, green beans, strawberry kiwi spinach salad with toasted walnuts and raspberry vinagerette, and chocolate/ white chocolate covered strawberries. we sat down to a lovely meal while enjoying the Tigers game. GO TIGERS GO!

we had such a nice time just visiting and hanging out, I totally forgot to take pictures. So as Kaylee was about to go to bed I remembered that i wanted a picture of our Easter socks, which is the picture above.

Last week, as i shopped for our Easter dinner, I was tempted to buy some fresh flowers for the table decorations. I reluctantly stopped myself and thought of other 'unique' table decorations. That was when i decided i would dip strawberries and make minature edible bouquets for the table. (i did not get any pictures of them) Today I realized that i didn't get any pictures of my "special" creation either. I decided to go alittle Martha Stewart crazy yesterday when preparing for the arrival of our guests. As you know i have started to "go green" so there are no more paper napkins here. (Well we still have some but i try not to use them very often.) I decided we were going to use my newly purchased cloth napkins for Easter. I placed them ever so neatly in the only napkin rings I own, and then had a revelation.... i could fold the napkins into some sort of "Eastery theme." I got on Google and searched for Easter napkin folds and came up with the idea of Bunny Easter napkins. Martha Stewart herself showed me how to transform a plain ole ordinary white napkin into a beautiful Easter bunny. I will have to admit at first I had NO IDEA what was the front of the bunny and what was the tail. I couldnt make mine quite like her, and i needed a little help from some other websites, but i finally managed to fold them correctly. i didnt put the nose or the wiskers on like some of the pictures showed, so you might have to use your imagination a little bit. Here is what I came up with...

and here is what they were supposed to look like....

No comments: