Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

Our pictures are FAR from perfect (I really do dream about the day that I am able to take "good" pictures), but they serve as a vivid reminder of all the memories that were made during our first Christmas as a family of 4. We had such a great time at all 3 of our Christmases. I hope all the pictures I chose to share dont bore you to death.

Christmas Eve (at my parents' house)

Kaylee waited and waited all day until it was time to open. Just as we were all ready, we looked over and saw that Abba had "pooped out". Kaylee was in charge of waking him up to open gifts. Kaylee opening her first gift. She was quite timid at first, but got the hang of it after the first one.

I cant decide who was more excited.....Kaylee or Uncle Johnny.

Can you believe that they have DIGITAL cameras for 3 year olds now? She documented the entire night, but then accidentally deleted all the images. Oh well, at least I have the pics from my camera.

Apparently Ainslee was not opening her gift fast enough, and Kaylee thought she needed a little assistance. Ainslee so patiently awaits as her gift is opened for her.

And Ainslee got a camera too. It isnt digital, but it is an awesome little toy, and BOTH the girls absolutely love it! (despite the look on her face. Bless her little heart she was coming down with a cold starting that day, and she wasnt quite feeling her best)

Amma Barbara gave them matching "footie" PJ's

Christmas Day (at our house)

Play food was the highlight of the morning, at least in Ainslee's eyes. Every time we turned around she was "tasting" a different piece.
Yummm grapes are so good
This plate came home in Kaylee's backpack on her last day. I could tell by the wrapping that it was obviously a plate, buy never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that it would be this. I was completely shocked when she opened it. I nearly burst into tears! I told Marcus that it was more a gift for me than it was for Kaylee. It makes me look forward to all the "treasures" she will bring home for me to cherish in the future. This little plate was probably the best gifts of the year!
1st Indoor tent Santa brought Kaylee a Power Wheels jeep. She wishes she could ride it ALL day! I am sure this summer will be filled with tours around the yard. The third and final Christmas was at Amma Rita's house


jewelry boxes from Auntie Ceire
Kaylee posing in her new jacket
Holding her new baby, watching others open their gifts. I'm definitely NO EXPERT on baby dolls (I only had 1 growing up.....that's right no barbies for this girl, just one little cabbage patch) but I do have to say that while Kaylee definitely got the better of the 2 cameras, Ainslee definitely got the better baby doll. Hers can sit up and stand by itself, talk, and even walk by itself. It is quite amazing, and I will have to get a video and show you.
Auntie Crista and Uncle Harry thought it would be funny to get the girls a tent and some balls......100 hundred balls to be exact. And she was going to buy another 100, but thankfully she refrained! You tell how excited Kaylee was with them, she dove right in

Not only did she get a new baby, she got curlers, combs, brushes, hair bows, clips, salon chair....etc. She decided to test them out in her hair first. and then she "practiced" on Auntie Crista
I still havent learned whether or not that curler had to be cut out of her hair or not (I was busy putting Ainslee to bed)

Here is Auntie Ceire attempting to get it out.......so funny! I guess that is payback for balls Crista! While the balls are a bit overboard, they are still fun
and I'm sure they will have hours of fun enjoying them. Needless to say, the 1st tent she got (from us) is going back to the store. We are keeping the mack daddy one, as Marcus calls it, that Crista and Harry got them.

Thank you EVERYONE for a truly memorable Christmas!


Did I spot a few "non Chandler" smiles in those pictures? Maybe she is outgrowing that phase

1 comment:

Crista and Harry said...

Great photos! Miss them both so much.