Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sneak Peak and Green Cleaning Tip #23

Here are a FEW of the pictures from our ChristmasES (we had 3).

Since I didnt really have any where else to put our manger scene, I decided that I would put it in Kaylee's room. I figured she would really like it in there. And she DID! The first picture is me revealing the manger to her for the first time, can you sense the excitment? Then on Christmas Day I let her put baby Jesus in the manger. I really dislike the manger sets that have baby Jesus attached to the manger, because "technically" he isnt supposed to go in there until Christmas Day, at least that was what I was taught. She took great care in placing him in the manger and then putting the manger back into the stable. It was so sweet. I catch her at odd times talking to baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the animals.


The dresses


such cute little shoes

didnt you know the fun is EATING the presents not OPENING them



More pictures to come.......hopefully soon

-----------------------------

And here's Green Cleaning Tip #23

Have you ever forgetten to cover something you put in the microwave and food splatters everywhere, or if you do cover your food and it STILL splatters. I know this is mostly husbands, but the women are usually left to clean it. Either way, if you have a dirty microwave and want to try a SIMPLE, CHEAP, EASY way to clean it.......here it is.

  1. Spray vinegar in the micro, I spray one good spray on each wall and the ceiling, oh and dont forget the door.
  2. Close the door and run it for 30 seconds (microwave times/ temps may vary) ha!
  3. Immediately wipe clean with a damp cloth
  4. The built on nastiness will just come right off! If you have a stubborn spot try the whole process again. It works like a charm every time!

3 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

We do the same thing with the manger...only, this year, I lost baby Jesus...finally found him under some kitchen towels in a drawer. :)

Crista and Harry said...

Can you just send me ALL your 'green' cleaning tips. I'm changing my ways!

Brenda said...

I agree on the Baby Jesus thing, but I think that's the Catholic in us. No one else does that!

I love the girls dresses. where did you find them?

And the tent is awesome! Wish we had room for that!