Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cold Sock Treatment

If I could shout about this from the roof tops I DEFINITELY would!
I am a believer! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first, just a tiny bit, but thought it wouldnt hurt to try. Cold Sock Treatments are my new bestest friend!

Have you ever had a child, or yourself for that matter, with a runny nose. I mean one of those noses that drips like a faucet, that are ever too present this time of year? Well that was what we were dealing with in Ainlsee for the past I dont even know how long. I was avoiding going back to the doctor for her to be prescribed yet ANOTHER form of medication. I am at my wits end with giving them meds (I think I have posted about that before, so I wont get all into that now). Anyways so I laid awake in bed one night sacrificing my beloved sleep to research ways that I could help my precious baby breathe (especially at night). I mean who loves getting their brains sucked out through their nose 3-4 times a night with a booger getter? i had tried all the usual tricks: humidifier, vicks pad in the humidifier, booger getter, saline drops, and vicks on the chest and feet (actually not vicks, but an organic version, I am in LOVE with these products we use the shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and chest rub). Nothing seemed to really help the problem for more than a matter of minutes. I know Ainslee was sick of struggling to breathe, she was having trouble eating and sucking as well. Poor baby was dying for relief, and I was determined to find something to help her. So I laid awake searching the internet on my blackberry in bed, and found this Cold Sock Treatment for nasal congestion. This is one of the "home remedies" I have found that I already had all the supplies at home, so i figured I would give it a try. Let me just tell you that this is so awesome! In case you havent figured it out already, I really really recommend you try this with your little ones if you ever have the need. I mean who would have thought that putting your child to bed with wet socks would be enough to do the trick? Without medicine and without side effects!
The first time I tried this was before her nap. This particular day she took 2 naps, so I did it before each of them. I noticed a difference after the first treatment though. That afternoon we went to get our allergy shots and my parents were there getting there's as well. My dad was holding Ainslee, turned to my mom, and commented on the fact that Ainslee's nose was completely clear. My parents had been around her for the previous 3 days and seen how bad her nose was running. I hadnt even told my parents about the Cold Socks Treatment before they noticed it for themselves! That's how good it works! So for the next 2 nights I decided to do it at night before bed only and I am so proud and happy to say that she is doing so much better now! So not only does it require things that you most likely have around your house already (and NO Ainslee does not have a pair of wool socks, I used a pair of mine and folded them down), its cheap, easy, pain free, you can do it as often as you want without any negative effects, it is just great all around. I thought I would tell you all about and hope that you can benefit from it as much as we have. But please if you do try it, let me know how it works for you.

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

I am totally going to try this next time one of my little ones comes down with a runny nose. (Maybe on myself, too!) Thanks for sharing!