Saturday, December 12, 2009

Restful Night Sleep

Last night I took the opportunity to test out Kaylee's new bed (sorry I havent taken any pics of her room since the addition arrived). Kaylee was spending the night out at my moms house because Amma and Abba wanted to take her to breakfast with Santa, and the 8 o'clock start time in Cville was just much earlier than I cared for. So they agreed to take her, and she hated it! Imagine that! Well she liked the whole eating part, but the Santa part was a bit too frightening for her. "Santa's too scary," were her exact words.
Ok so back to the bed thing. I decided to try out her new bed, and at first I hated it. I couldnt believe that she had slept one single solitary nap in it let alone an entire night! I was in so much pain, my shoulder hurt, my neck hurt, my hip hurt, pretty much the ENTIRE left side of my body hurt. I tried not one but THREE different pillows, I couldnt get comfortable, even with ol' faithful BIG BLUE, thats my body pillow, that Marcus just ADORES! HA! He wishes I would find a new pillow, cause it seems to take up too much of his part of the bed. I, on the other hand, love it. When I got pregnant with Ainslee and had a hard time getting comfortable in the bed, i tried using it, and havent been able to part with it since. Maybe Santa will bring me one of those tempurpedic pillows I have my eye on. Anyways......so I had my fav pillow and even brought our duvet in her room too, but I could NOT get comfortable. Ainslee decided to wake up for a little midnight snack, and magically after that I fell asleep quickly and dont remember a thing after that. I woke up not remembering any tossing and turning or sleeplessness, and I felt GREAT in the morning! Now some of the "greatness" I was feeling could be attributed to the fact that I only had Ainslee in the morning, but I truely think that it was because of the bed. Now I cant cast my vote too quick, I feel like I need at least one more night in the bed to see if I really do like it. I will say that the smell is definitely one of its weak points. It still (after a week) has that really strong chemically smell, I wish we would have gotten it when the weather was nice enough to leave the windows open to vent out some of that smell. I do think that when it is time for a new bed for us, we will most likely be leaning towards the tempurpedic type.

No comments: