Friday, December 4, 2009

Still waiting

I am sitting here waiting for Kaylee's mattress to arrive. The UPS man is not cooperating with my busy schedule today. I need him to hurry up and get here so I can leave to go run all my errands today. Costco, 2 different banks, allergy shots, moms house, and dropping my mom off at my brother's school is all on the agenda today. But if I cant get out of the house I wont get any of those done. I have already missed taking Kaylee to gymnastics today (thanks Ceire and mom for taking her AGAIN for me) and to story time/ craft. We were going to take Kaylee to the Collierville Christmas Parade, but that seems to have dropped off of our list......there's always next year.

I have been busy all morning getting Kaylee's room ready for her bed: took apart the crib, took apart the select comfort mattress, ironed the bed skirt, vacuumed, and washed sheets. I am looking forward to switching her tonight. I sure hope that bed arrives because if not she will be sleeping on the floor. I'm beginning to think I took apart her crib a little prematurely. Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out. Did I mention that I got an email yesterday saying that the mattress we bought for her just went on sale. A whooping 90 BUCKS off! And we bought the bed 4 days too early. I am going to call Costco to see if they will give me the sale price and save me from returning the bed and buying it again at the discounted price. I mean that $90 could be put to use on A LOT of different things......it's worth a shot, right?!

Kaylee slept in a "big girl bed" for the first time last night. it was sort of an accident, but she did it. We were all over at my parents house for my brothers birthday and she asked that my sister put her down to bed. We obviously failed to tell Mary that she was still sleeping in the crib at night. Nevertheless Mary put her to bed in the big bed and that was where she stayed all night. Well until 6:30 this morning! I cant figure out why she has been getting up so early, it is driving me crazy! I am a little bit more at ease about the big switch as the time approaches, I'm actually a little excited about it. It is kind of funny when my mom told me she went in to get her this morning and Kaylee was not in the crib, but she could hear her crying. It took mom a few minutes to realize that Kaylee was in her new room. Ha!

Now an update on my phone situation. Last week I was in the Verizon store helping Marcus's mom with her phone. I asked when I would be eligible for my upgrade, just out of curiosity. My phone was still working and everything was fine, I was just wondering. She told me that I would get my $100 credit on December 14th. Wouldn't you know it that like 2 days after that my phone started not working. It would go from not receiving calls/ texts/ emails, to being able to make and receive phone calls, to a mixture sending/ receiving all of the above, basically I never knew what sort of options would be available to me at any given time. I managed like this for a couple of days, and finally we took it in to Verizon. They said that "this sort of thing happens with Blackberry Pearls, and we aren't exactly sure why or how to fix it. It's time for a new phone." WHAT!?! I was pissed, I love my little phone, and I knew I wasn't going to get a phone before my $100 deal which was 3 weeks away. We decided to switch my phone temporarily to one of Marcus' old blackberrys (which is a piece of crap might i add). And this phone has been Kaylee's "play phone" for the past 2 years, so you can only imagine the condition it is in, not to mention the look on her face when she realized that it is mommy's phone and she cant play with it anymore. So for now I am stuck with this phone, cant take or receive picture messages, and I don't have any of my phone numbers programmed in it (still waiting on Marcus to transfer them from my old phone). I am looking forward to getting my new phone December 14th, I cant decide if I am getting the Droid or the Blackberry Storm. I'll keep you posted.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: