Wednesday, January 6, 2010

K baby

Tomorrow Kaylee will turn 3!
I cant believe it! She looks and acts so much older than 3, but there is a part of me that still sees her as a little baby. Lately she has been telling everyone when her birthday is, and when they ask how old she is going to be, they dont believe her when she says she is going to be 3.

Here are a few of the things that have come out of her mouth lately.....

K-"Daddy let me borrow these." (some of his business cards)
Me-"oh that is so sweet of daddy. He is such a nice daddy, isnt he?"
K-"Yeah, he is so nice and generous too."

This next story needs a little prelude; each night our bedtime routine is 2 books and 2 songs. I sing You are my Sunshine and I Love You, Kaylee. Each night I try to sing them in different voices, weird voices, high and low, fast and slow. Each night she tells me "No momma, sing it properly." But tonight she said "dont sing it like that." I asked "how do I sing it then?" She said "you figure it out!"

She is growing so fast, becoming more and more independent. Her newest achievements are dressing herself, going to the potty ALL.BY.HERSELF (wiping and all), clearing her dishes from the table after a meal, riding a tricycle and plasma car (more on that fabulous little gift later), no diapers at nap time or bedtime (unless she is sick, then she tends to have accidents at night, I cant blame her considering she is in her bed for 14 hours), helping with Ainslee, and trying to teach her new things.

I just love that little girl, and cant believe that 3 years have passed already!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!!!


I have to mention some of Ainslee's new accomplishments too. She has been cruising more and more, you know, walking along while she holds onto something (i.e. the couch). She also pushes her toys and walks, but tonight she surprised me when she stood up next to the table in the playroom and then dropped her toy. She was then able to let go of the table and squat down without holding onto anything, grab her toy, and stand back up again. I screamed and cheered and clapped my hands, Kaylee joined in the celebration, but had no idea why she was clapping. Little accomplishments are so fun to witness, I am so happy that I am fortunate enough to be able to see them all.
But there are STILL.NO.SIGNS.OF.ANY.TEETH! I am about to have a toothless 11 month old! She will be playing soccer before she cuts her first tooth! That is a skill that I must have passed down to her, she already dribbles the ball while she crawls, or she will hold it in her hand while she crawls, but my favorite way she gets around with her toys is when she carries them in her mouth. It is too funny! Balls are probably her favorite toy now.
Oh and she is kissing too, all the time! They are such sweet and slobbery little kisses, with her mouth wide open and her tounge out most of the time, and she is very generous with them, gives them to anyone that asks for one. Im gonna have to have a talk with her about that.

Good night now, this tired momma is going to bed E-A-R-L-Y tonight! I hope we wake up to some snow in the morning!