Sunday, April 26, 2009

New seating arrangments

Riding in the car with Ainslee has become the LAST thing on my list of fun things to do!

She screams bloody murder every time she is in her car seat. I mean before she is even buckled in she is already screaming. When I say she screams, I mean she REALLY screams, and she doesn't stop. She screams and screams and screams! If you haven't gotten the point yet, you should come for a ride with us, but bring your hearing protection you're gonna need it. I can no longer talk on the phone in the car because of her screaming. I have come to dread going anywhere because of this. I feel so sorry for her, because despite my efforts to make her comfortable she still screams. Her screaming breaks my heart, and it is beginning to take a toll on Kaylee too. Kaylee sits in her seat giving me the minute by minute update on Ainslee's status. "Mommy, Ainslee look," which means her eyes are open. "Mommy, Ainslee sleep" which means her eyes are closed, probably because she cant breathe from screaming so hard. "Mommy, Ainslee sad." "Mommy, Ainslee cry" as if i didn't already know that. "Mommy, Ainslee paci," which means she dropped her paci, which i already know because no matter how talented one is there is NO WAY for someone to scream like that with a paci in their mouth. Thanks Kaylee for all your updates, they are very helpful! My mom rode with us the other day and she was completely appalled by the level of screaming. Mom said i could record her screaming and sell it to people making horror movies that need sound effects.

So while Ainslee is busy screaming, and in between the updates she gives me, Kaylee is busy talking to herself. She carries on a conversation with herself or her stuffed animal Curious George. Today George was hungry so Kaylee nursed him, burped him, and threw him on the floor so he could take his nap. She also sings her ABC's, they go something like this....."A, B, C, D, E, F, G, W, X, Y, Zeeee Good Girl Kaylee." She gets louder and louder as she gets to the end of the alphabet, and by the end she is screaming Good Girl Kaylee.

I decided to try switching Ainslee out of her infant seat and put her in a convertible seat to see if that would help solve the problem. So today I spent about 45 minutes changing the seats around. I had to take the Britax (the seat Kaylee has been sitting in), move it to the other side of the car, put it rear facing, and move all the straps and buckles to fit Ainslee. Then install the other seat on Kaylee's side of the car and move the shoulder straps up because she has grown since the last time she sat in it. It is hard work getting those seats in a safe and secure position.

We get in the car to go home and Kaylee notices the new seating arrangements. She was concerned why Ainslee is sitting in her seat, I explained that that seat is now Ainslee's and she is going to sit in the other seat. Kaylee had trouble wrapping her brain around that idea. But it didn't seem to really affect her, she was just sorta concerned about the idea.

If anyone out there has ANY ideas of what I can try I am ALL EARS!!! I was hoping this was just a phase, but this phase is lasting a bit longer than I think I can handle.

1 comment:

Crista and Harry said...

I can't help but think this is related to her tummy pain??