Thursday, April 23, 2009

Abba no fick

Tomorrow we will hit the 2 week mark. I have been living without a washing machine for 2 WEEKS! It is really hard to believe. We have been taking loads of laundry over to both of our parents houses, and it is getting really old toting dirty laundry around (actually it got old after the 2nd time doing it). i am so thankful that we have had a place to do our laundry, but i would really enjoy doing the laundry in the comfort of my own home.

We have a repair man scheduled for this Friday, my appointment window is from 8am-5pm. I really wouldnt call that a "window" thats more of an appointment "day." I have to rearrange my entire day because a company gives me 9 hour window, i think that is just plain ridiculous! I think they are going to call Friday morning to let me know a more approximate time. Hopefully he will be able to fix it and we wont have to wait for parts or anything like that.

I was really lazy with calling a repair man to come out to the house. Part of me just wanted to take this opportunity to buy a new washer and dryer and the other part of me was just too busy being sick and dealing with sick kids. The part of me that wants a new washer doesnt want to spend the $3000 on the one that i really want. So I finally decided that we would fix the one we have and then when we are ready to get a new one we can always sell the one we have.

Kaylee has been hard at work trying to get our washer fixed. When she learned it was broke she said "washer broke, Abba fick." That means "grandpa fix it." I told her I didnt know if grandpa could fix it or not. So after days of calling and asking Grandpa to "fick" it he came out to look at it. Unfortunately he was unable to fick it. So now whenever Kaylee talks about the washer she says "washer broke, Abba no fick." Looks like she is going to have another worker man to watch work his magic. Maybe after watching all these workers come in and out of the house building and fixing things, she will learn how to do it all and be a handy-woman when she grows up.

No comments: