Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's popsicle time

Kaylee can't wait for summer. She is dying to eat popsicles everyday. I don't know about the everyday thing, but I am sure I will eat my fair share of them this summer.

I bought a popsicle mold and tried my hand at making my own. This batch didn't quite turn out like what I remember them tasting like as a child. I'll never forget eating popsicles on the back porch that mom made for us in those Tupperware molds. They were so stinkin' good and they definietly hit the spot on those hot summer days. I asked mom for the recipe and surprise surprise she forgot it. So I attempted to recreate it from memory. It was obvious that my memory was off a little bit because they didn't taste so good. Kaylee didn't seem to notice though, she ate every bite and probably would have eaten the stick if we weren't looking. I am going to try something different next time and see how it goes.

If anyone has some nice popsicle recipes send them my way.

No comments: