Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Note to self

Today we (Kaylee, Ceire, and myself) headed out of the house to run some errands, but I soon realized that i had forgotten a very important step in the "how to get out of the Martinez house safely" manual. Rule #1 is "ALWAYS MAKE SURE KAYLEE GOES TO THE POTTY BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE!"

We got about 5 miles away from the house when Kaylee says "pee pees mommy." As I look back she is holding her crotch. Immediately 4 things rushed through my head
1. I forgot to make sure she went to the bathroom before we left
2. she had had a LOT to drink prior to leaving the house
3. she was wearing panties (no diaper or pull-up)
4. I have no spare clothes for her in the car

I said to Ceire "where should i stop?" She and I both agreed that the bank across the street would be the 'cleanest option,' so into the bank Ceire goes with Kaylee. I am waiting in the car for about 1 minute when all of a sudden i see them coming back out of the bank, and a horrible look on Ceire's face. She gets back in the car and says that they would not let her use their bathroom because we were not customers of the bank. my immediate response was "are you kidding me? They wont let a 2 year old use the bathroom?" I was appalled to say the least. But i still had a problem to solve. So we headed to the bank next door. Their response was "sorry but our bathroom is located in a secure area." Back into the car they come. By this time it has become quite a comical situation. Kaylee is again saying "pee pees mommy," to which I replied, "Kaylee, baby, mommy is trying to find somewhere to take you, please just hold it in for a few more minutes." Then Kaylee says "home." Ceire and I died, she wanted to go home to use the bathroom. We decided instead to take her to a gas station down the street. I really like to try and avoid obviously dirty places to take my child to use the bathroom, but i had no other option at this point. As we pull into the parking lot we are greeted by a flashing sign that reads something like this "Come in and enjoy some of our famous livers and gizzards...." I about peed in my pants myself. That's how I knew that we were still in Fayette County! Are you kidding me? Anyways so Ceire rushes Kaylee into the bathroom, for the 3rd time, and successfully makes it in. I am pleased to say that Kaylee was able to hold it through this whole ordeal. But my gosh what a way to begin your day of errands.

Note to self-
Never ask to use a bathroom at a bank

2 comments:

Bookie-Roo said...

any baby yet?

Anonymous said...

im still laughing on the floor laughing at "home?"!!!

céire (or as Kaylee would say Rahrar)