Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Last Day

Today marks my last day as "a mommy of 1"

A world of emotions have rocked my pregnant, hormonal head for the past couple of weeks now, and I am happy to say that the end has come for many of those thoughts/concerns/emotions and I am looking forward to an entirely new set of emotions that will begin tomorrow. I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life.

Today I have been busy getting the house ready to bring the baby home. I have done about 12 loads of laundry over the past 2 days, I think our 11 year old washer might just explode. I told Marcus that I want to come home to a clean house, that way I wont have to be bothered with any of that for a few days, and we can concentrate on the baby and enjoy life. So pretty much I have been doing chores all day, and now as i sit on the couch and type this post i am deafened by the silence i hear. I am the only one home! When is the next time that is going to happen? Kaylee is spending the night at my moms, Tahoe is at Ceire's, and Marcus went to school. So here I sit, for the last time in the foreseeable future with a few hours of peace and quiet.

Today I have also been busy answering the huge outpouring of phone calls, emails, and text messages that have flooded my phone. So many friends and relatives have called or written to check in on me and give there well wishes for tomorrow's big event. I am so surprised at all of support that we have, and the love that everyone has for our little baby! So many people are just as excited for this baby as we are, and that is so comforting to know! We will be sure to keep you all posted on tomorrows events, and also try and post pictures to the blog as soon as possible.

By this time tomorrow night I will be happily holding our new son or daughter. Everyone, please, feel free to come visit us at the hospital. Just let us know and we can give you our room number.

No comments: