Thursday, February 12, 2009

Introducing Ainslee Rae

Well we welcomed our second daughter, AINSLEE RAE, into the world at 12:34 pm this afternoon. She was 7lbs 4oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She came after a VERY quick and almost painless labor. She actually practically "fell" out, surprising us all at how early she arrived. It was such an enjoyable experience! We have been busy getting acquainted with her and enjoying all the visitors that came to welcome her. We actually didnt get too many pictures with our camera (my friend Bethany was pretty much in charge of that) so I am going to post a few of our pictures tonight and then more tomorrow. We are about to try and get a little rest now, so hopefully at some point tomorrow I can get some more pictures up.

Ainslee has been such a good baby so far. She is not quite the eater that Kaylee was, but she is learning. She does have the full head of hair like Kaylee did, but we all think that she looks TOTALLY different than Kaylee looked. It is amazing how much you forget from the 1st child to the 2nd, all their little noises and grunts, I love listening to her. Kaylee was a little nervous at her first introduction to her sister, but I think she will warm up to her more once we get home. Kaylee actually was even scared to sit with me or just give me a kiss. I think all of it was a little too overwhelming for her. Ok I feel like i am just rambling now, I am quite delirious at this point........more updates coming tomorrow

6 comments:

Crista and Harry said...

I am so excited to have 2 neices!! You better bring her to Boston, ASAP!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both. It's great news.
love Sharon , lorcan daniel & Hannah XXXX

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I am so happy for you. I think she looks like you Michele.

Bookie-Roo said...

Congrats! she is beautiful!

Confessions said...

I LOVED meeting sweet Ainslee! And as I was holding her, baby girl was just kicking at her little friend...yup, they'll be friends for sure :)

Michele, you are such a pro! I can only hope I'll do as good as you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marcus, Michele & Kaylee! I was so excited to meet sweet Ainslee...she is adorable. Can't wait to see her again soon!

All my love, Aunty CĂ©ire