Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just a Little Poo

1 week down..........countless weeks to go

I cant believe that Ainslee is 1 week old already! Sometimes it feels like she has been here forever and other times it feels like i was pregnant yesterday. Kaylee is still doing great adjusting to her new sister. She loves to sit with me when I nurse Ainslee. I am so thankful that Kaylee has not shown signs of jealousy when it comes to that. She has though, however, become more attached to daddy. I guess she sees how much of my attention is occupied by Ainslee so she is demanding daddy's attention.

I would like to tell you a funny little story.......The story starts when we were still in the delivery room, and Bethany was taking some pictures of Ainslee. Bethany was busy getting some naked booty pictures of Ainslee on her belly. Ainslee was pulling her legs up, and practically crawling off the bed. Marcus, Bethany, and myself were shocked at how she was attempting to move around. We joked about how she already knows how to crawl and Bethany asked, "so you going to start working on potty training next week?" We all laughed. I haven't thought too much about this little comment until the other day. Auntie Ceire has been helping out at the house with both girls, changing diapers is her speciality! It turns out that Auntie Ceire needs a minimum of 2 diapers for every "changing session." It never fails, Ainslee pees or poos either right before the new diaper goes on or immediately after. It has become quite comical to say the least. But the best diaper change happened when Ceire was changing Ainslee on the couch. Ainslee's head was all the way at one end of the couch, when Ceire was just about to put the new diaper under her, she had another bowel movement that had so much force behind it that it shot ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUCH! When I say all the way across the couch I mean like 5 FEET! And it hit everything in its path. Ceire and I about died from laughter, while Marcus was frantically trying to clean it up. We could not believe that such a little thing could project her poo such great distances. So i guess Bethany was correct in assuming we would start potty training, we have successfully trained her to pee and poo on Auntie Ceire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! you better believe that i am going to hold that against Ainslee until she is 30! maybe even 50! i guess Crista & I are even when it comes to nieces peeing/pooping on us! im sure i have many more diapers in my future...oh whats that you say? "do i WANT to change her?"...yes and no...yes cause i love her...no cause who knows what im in for!!!

Confessions said...

oh my lord. matt would gag and then throw up in his mouth, all while telling me i had some cleaning up to do. that's about what he did the other night when avery threw up three piles of nastiness. we are doomed when baby girl gets here.

Crista and Harry said...

reminds me of the day I met Kaylee for the first time...I was holding the 6 week old little darling in my lap as she proceeded to poop down my whole leg...at a restaurant! So, I had to carry her through the restaurant to the bathroom, with poop on my leg. Then, I was putting her new diaper on and she peed on me!