Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Jobs

Lately I have felt like I am adding more and more to my plate. I cant even imagine if I had to actually "GO" to work each day! I have always said that being a stay at home mom is a TOUGH and under appreciated job. But now, nearly 4 years into it, I have learned that being a working mom just doesn't seem possible! I have the utmost respect for all the moms (and dads) who are able to hold down a job outside the home, as well as raise their children, I know I couldn't do it! Recently I have felt like having a job outside the home would be "easier". Over the past 4 years, I have successfully added many titles to my name including:
  1. Mommy cook
  2. Mommy plumber
  3. Mommy electrician
  4. Mommy carpenter
  5. Mommy doctor
  6. Mommy chauffeur
  7. Mommy maid

1. I haven't been performing this one to the best of my ability as of late, and I really don't have a good excuse for that. I do hope that I get out of my self proclaimed "cooking funk" and start preparing some proper/nutritious meals.

2. I never imagined myself as a plumber. But after the bathtub repair, and the dishwasher installation, I added this title to my name.

3. This came from installing the dishwasher too. Did you know that a dishwasher doesn't come with a plug? You have to manually connect the black, white, and green wires and secure them with wire nuts........CRAZY! Im just glad I got them all right on the 1st try!

4. This is due to my work upstairs as well as the microwave installation which required a bit of "tweaking". Upstairs has been a bit of a fiasco. First we missed the studs when attempting to attach the green board to the ceiling. I had to climb up into the tiny attic crawl space (no less than 15 times) above the playroom ceiling and attach 2x4's to each of the studs so that we would be able to get the board attached and cover up all the holes we had made in the ceiling. It was quite a feat!

5. The girls have been under the weather lately. I have been dealing with, coughs, colds, fever, sniffles, etc. And since I made the decision over a year ago to completely cut out all unnecessary meds for the girls, I have been dealing with the sickness with my good old fashion home remedies. The sock treatments have come in REAL handy, and have worked like a charm again. Kaylee was able to kick her cold in a matter of days and is doing just fine. Ainslee has been a bit different. Hers didn't get quite as bas as Kaylee's, as in she never got the 103* fever, but hers has lasted longer. And i know that this is because I was unable to do all her treatments at the beginning of her "sickness". She spent the night with my parents, and therefore missed 3 treatments in a row. Anyways, we are back on track now and she seems to be doing much better.

6. I feel like the chauffeuring has begun already! Play date here, play date there, Kindermusik, school, story time, gymnastics........we log lots of time in our car! Oh and have i mentioned we are still driving around in the Jetta. My car has yet to be out of the shop for more than a week since like November 20th. It has been a crazy ride, but hopefully we will be transferring all our "stuff" back into it soon. I will say that this car switching business has definitely saved us a buck or two in gas.

7. I am seriously beginning to wonder why I even fold laundry. Also I am throwing around ideas in my head of self cleaning floors (not really but the idea sound AMAZING!). I feel like my work is never done!

I'm sure that there are many more "titles" i have collected over the years, but along with the notoriety comes a price.........my memory. HA! I cant remember a darn thing anymore!

1 comment:

hughesfamily said...

Working is hard...but, I have got to give some praise to the stay-at-home moms, too! After being at home over Christmas break, I was kinda ready for a "break" back at work!

I am super impressed with all of your skills, too!!!