Friday, December 17, 2010

What's for dinner?

Since this post, I have had trouble finding the desire to cook. We have been eating out WAY too much, throwing random food together at the last minute, or just snacking. I have made a few meals, including the ones that I referred to in that last post about meals. Actually I made them probably 2 (or more) weeks ago, just never got around to posting about them. In between the meals I am about to critic I threw in 2 batches of our new favorite meal, so you cant really say that we are STARVING to death, but i could do a much better job at preparing a proper meal!

So here goes:

Chicken Piccata with peas

This dish was OK. That's about as good as I can give it. I'm sure it has the potential to be really good, but my version wasn't that great. Too much lemon was probably the culprit, I don't think I will be making it again anytime soon.

Beef with snow peas served with coconut rice

This one was AH-maze-ing! Well except for the coconut rice, and I didn't cook the snow peas long enough. Actually I substituted sugar snap peas for the snow peas, and I didn't cook the SUGAR SNAP peas long enough! But the beef in this dish made up for everything else that went wrong. I will definitely be making this one again........and so should you! YUM!

Sea Bass with risotto and salad

This would own a place in the weekly menu if I didn't have to sell my car to pay for the sea bass!
Is Halibut cheaper? If so I might try it with that fish, as suggested by PW. It was just so tasty all around! Kaylee really liked it too, I just wish I couldve afforded a bigger piece, we all would've been much happier! The risotto makes a great side dish for almost any meal, and I can make a KILLER salad, so that meal was top notch in my book! And it was fairly sinple to make too.

Chicken Parmigiana with broccoli

I was totally supposed to make this dish and I just never did. So I cant say much except that it sounds good! I will let you know when we try it and what we think.

Pioneer Woman you did it again!
------------------------------------------

We had our annual Christmas brunch with some of the closest family friends. It is held at a different family's house each year, and everyone brings a dish. Usually MOST of the dishes are breakfasty casseroles, most of which I cant eat. This year I decided to take a break from the traditional and I made the bacon wrap jalapeno thingys. And they were a huge hit! Try taking them to your next pot luck!

No comments: