Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Kitchen Makeover - part 2

A few days after I finished the microwave the dishwasher sitting in the dining room began making me antsy again. I read up on the installation process and it didn't seem too difficult, so I began prepping it for installation and uninstalling the old one. I cant remember what part i got stuck on, but i had to go wake Marcus up again! I really wanted to just have it all installed before he woke up, but I just couldn't juggle it all. So Marcus came out and helped me for about 45 minutes or so, and then after he left for work I completed the installation.

we haven't peeled off the protective plastic yet, and if you lived with 2 Tasmanian devils you wouldn't either. LOL We are just trying to protect it as long as we can.

The inside is so much bigger than our old one! The top shelf raises and lowers to accomodate different size dishes. It has the plain front, with the buttons hiden on the top, it has many more options than the old one too. I love it!

And here's the big one! We had to call in the "big guns" to help us get this one through the door. Long time family friend of Marcus's mom, who happens to be a retired GE employee, so he knows a thing or 2 about appliances. He graciously came and helped. He removed both the fridge doors, as well as the freezer drawer. This not only lightened the load, but also made it possible to get it through the door. And in a matter of 90 minutes we had this big ole beast resting snuggly in our kitchen.

I am more than thrilled with the new appliances. They are all MUCH bigger than the old ones. I cant believe all the space the new fridge has to offer. The only downside I have found so far, is the ice machine. It doesnt seem to be keeping up with our demand. Hopefully we can figure something out to remedy this.

The bottom drawer is yet to be filled. I just need to get off my butt and transfer all the food. Then we can get the old one out of the kitchen

I did a little research on the cost of these appliances. I went with the "middle of the road" pricing and found that we saved $1300 bucks! PLUS we have already sold our dishwasher and microwave, which has helped. We are currently trying to decide what we are going to do with our old fridge (which is in perfect working condition!). I have had one person already express an interest, but no concrete deal is in place as of yet.

I am still in awe of how this deal landed in our lap, and I am so thankful! I cant believe Christmas is just around the corner

No comments: