Friday, December 10, 2010

Boy oh Boy ---- NOOOOOOO GIRL!!

We, as in Ainslee and I, were in Kohl's the other day, when a lady noticed Ainslee babbling away in the cart. She looked down at her and said "He is so pretty, just look at him." I just smiled, sometimes it just isnt worth correcting them. Then she said "Oh I didnt mean pretty, handsome is a better word, sorry." I just dont know what to say, I should have figured it out by now considering this is honestly the 30+ time she has been referred to as a boy! Any ideas on what to say?

Is this the face of a boy?
This is exactly what she was wearing! Pigtails, silver necklace and all! What about her screams I'M A BOY?!?

ignore the messiness in the background, and I realize this isnt the greatest of pictures, I took it with my phone

2 comments:

*Princess Mommy* said...

here is what I finally said one day when Bella was tiny and completely and totally covered in pink from head to toe and someone called her a boy:
I'm sorry, are you confused? Or maybe perhaps you just can't see. SHE could not possible have more pink on. Oh! AND HER ears are both pierced. AND I have referred to HER as Bella 3 times since you have been standing behind me in line. . . .(then in my sweetest voice) SHE'S a girl. *smile*
I know it was rude. But I was a new, proud mommy suffering from a severe lack of sleep. She was lucky that was all she got :)

inkBLOTdesignsSTUDIO said...

i can think of many responses...just doubt you want them posted here.