Thursday, October 7, 2010

What is REALLLY going on?

Any of you "long time followers" might remember reading this post. It seems that Marcus seems to always make huge "life changing" decisions whenever i/we have something big going on in our life. I guess he just doesnt want to feel left out......wink.

After saying all that, i have to tell you that Marcus accepted a new position at FedEx. He didnt really apply on this position, I guess he was kind of told/asked to take it. Which in my eyes cant be a bad thing if the right people are telling you what you "should" do. So anyways, Marcus started the said position last Friday. So basically we havent seen (or heard) from him in as many days. While we try to adjust to our new family schedule, I keep wondering if this post will come in to play anytime soon. that sounds bad, I had trouble with the wording of that, but I typed the first thing that came to mind, so let me explain. Marcus always has to interject his "big news" right before or after MY big news, so this time, he has a BIG change, and I am waiting to see what my BIG news is going to be! I guess in my boring life about the only excitement would be a baby! Time will tell!

---------------------------------------

Other things i have been wanting to tell/share with you all.....
-Ainslee is growing SO fast (as all of you moms know), she has added a few more words to her vocabulary including calling Kaylee "yea yea", which has to be the cutest thing ever, behind the fact that she already defends and protects Kaylee and hugs and kisses her each and every chance she gets. Like the other day my parents had both of them and was about to put Kaylee in time out when Ainslee started crying and pointing to the time out spot saying "no no yea yea!" It is so cute how she already wants good things for her big sis.
Oh and other new on the Ainslee front......tooth number 10 broke through last night! I know #10 tooth came through about 8 months ago for Kaylee, but Ainslee I swear is the SLOWEST teether on the planet! Just the edge of one of her molars poked through the gums and I bet it will be at least another 4-5 weeks before the full tooth is in! Kaylee would bust out 3 and 4 FULL teeth in like a weeks time. So this is new territory for me. Ainslee is still loving all foods, although she does go through the typical "phases" no meat today, no veggies the next. Oh well, she is growing just fine, and is a happy little booger!

-Kaylee is LOVING school again this year. Although Im not exactly sure if it is all the candy/sweets she has been getting there or the fact that she gets a break from me. Each and every day I see new words popping up in her vocabulary and I say to myself "I should blog about that" and every time I dont write it down then I end up forgetting what was "so cute" and I never blog about it. UGH! Why dont I learn? So instead of mentioning some of the funny/grown up things she says I will give you a little "physical" description. She is OFF the charts y'all! She has grown 7 inches since her birthday in January, so that's 7 inches in 9 months, and puts her at a whooping 3'7". She wears a size 12 shoe (with VERY little room to grow). She weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 lbs. She fits comfortably into size 5 (or above) clothes. The pronunciation/enunciation this little girl has astounds me EVERY day! I just love listening to her talk, well I love it most of the time! Her most favorite word in the ENTIRE world is WHY! And I swear if I never hear that word again I will be the happiest person alive! She is still having major bed time issues, which have resulted in this mommy nearly losing her mind!

-and me.....Im still here, barely! I have had a sort of "craving" to go back to work. Nothing that I would ever act on any time soon, but that sense of "man I miss that" type thing. So the fact that Kaylee's teacher is looking for help in the classroom is just the right thing for me. I have decided to help by reading to the class (at least once a month), doing a craft/activity with them as well, volunteer to head up the book orders, as well as volunteer my time to help with the class parties. Man after listing all that I am wondering........just WHY am I paying so much in tuition for me to basically be the teachers aide? I feel bad that I have not done any sort of "school stuff" with the girls. And i have tried to make it a priority to do more with them, but something always gets in the way. I need to stop making excuses! I'll keep you posted on the "lesson plans"/ activities i have planned for the little munchkins.


I hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend, we have a huge one planned! Tomorrow is filled with gymnastics and story time with 5 friends (and mommy friends), Saturday is devoted completely to family time with daddy, and Sunday is our annual trip to Cedar Hill Farm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you try homeschooling Kaylee? Tia Concha