Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saturday Sickday

Last weekend we went to "Family Day" at Marcus's work. They had 8 hours of family fun including, moon bounces/slides/obstacle courses, face painting, balloon artists, airplanes (including the 777 which we went in again), hub tour, other "kiddie" activities, and FOOD! We spent a couple of hours doing all the fun stuff, the girls were given some junk food, and we had a wonderful afternoon. That night Kaylee called for us about 5am, even though I had been awake (trying to go back to sleep) for the past 2 hours i sent Marcus in to check on her. And boy am I glad I did! She had gotten sick all over her bed. Marcus started cleaning up, before he even came to get me. We tag teamed and got her all straightened out and back in the bed. About 30 minutes later she woke up again, thankfully no more surprises for me, but I decided to just let her stay awake. I gave her a nice long hot bath, and we started our morning. She wouldnt eat much all day, which was fine by me, and by the end of the day she was acting herself again. I concluded that the "sickness" was due to the junk she had eaten (without having a proper meal) as well as all the jumping/playing around.

......Fast forward to yesterday.......

We had a birthday party for a friend of mine's son. I sent Marcus with the girls to that party while I attended the baby shower of one of my best friends from high school. Marcus had strict instructions to limit the amount of cake/junk for both girls for fear of another exciting night. Let's just say that about an hour after we put Ainslee to bed I heard a strange moaning sound coming fro her room. I decided to check on her and the second I opened the door, I screamed for Marcus. It was everywhere. Bless her little heart she had moved to the other side of the crib and was trying to go back to sleep. So we tag teamed again and got her all cleaned up. I realized that I left her extra yellow blanket (the one that she is completely attached to, and cant sleep without) at my mom's house. So I decided to go steal Kaylee's (even though it is green, it is basically the same blanket) from off of her. We get her all settled down, teeth brushed, new sheets, new clothes, new blanket and about 5 minutes later she does it again! so now BOTH blankets are dirty! We quickly started a load of wash and tried offering her a replacement blanket. She would smell each one and rejected them all. She finally took one, but wasnt thrilled with it. We got her to sleep on us on the couch while we waited for the wash to finish, every time I felt her stomach convulse like she was about to do it again, I freaked out. I do NOT do well with throw-up! Finally the blankets were dry and she acted like all she wanted to do was sleep, I started walking back towards her room, and she did it AGAIN! ALL over the freshly clean blanket! Marcus and I were stunned! Then I decided to just give her a bath, sometimes the hot water can calm an upset tummy. And she really enjoyed the bath! After all that we were able to get her back to bed with Kaylee's blanket and she slept all night without any more problems. She woke up much differently than Kaylee had the week before. I couldnt give Ainslee enough food. She wanted to eat everything! Once again I concluded it was probably the excessive amount of junk as well as all the activity that got each of them sick.

I was counting my blessings after these 2 experiences....
1. That both of them are ok, and the "sickness" only lasted 1 day!
2. It happened on the weekend, when Marcus could join the "fun". I sure would have hated for him to miss that!
3. They didnt get sick on the same day!
4. They didnt get sick in my car!
5. I wasnt sick when trying to deal with sick babies!

But now Im really concerned with who is going to be THIS Saturday........me or Marcus? I hope this trend does not continue!

No comments: