Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why??? plus some updates

"mommy why is that light not going Check Spellingoff and on?" (she is referring to the light on the top of a service vehicle)
"well, Kaylee, probably because the man turned it off"
"why did he turn it off?"
"because he isnt working now, and he doesnt want the light on"
"why doesnt he want it on?"
"Im not sure"
"why isnt he working now?"
"because he is taking a break"
"why is he taking a break?"
.....i'll spare you the rest of the conversation just because of the mere fact that it practically made my head hurt so I wouldnt want to expose you to the same trauma. But I'm sure you get the point. The why questions are NEVER ENDING!!! And sometimes, I have to be 100% honest, they drive me so far up the wall that I want to put a muzzle on her. (dont get me wrong I would never do that to my child, but that doesnt mean it hasnt crossed my mind). Judge me if you want, but until you experience the barrage of why's please try to refrain.

Here is another example...
"why cant daddy put me night night tonight?"
"daddy has to leave"
"why is daddy leaving?"
"he has to go to work"
"why does he have to go to work?"
"he has to work to make money and make sure that people get their packages in the mail"
"why does he have to make money?"
"so he can buy us food and nice things"
"why does he buy us food?"
"so that we can eat when we are hungry"
"why do we eat when we are hungry?"
-----is your head hurting yet?-----
"so our tummy doesnt hurt"
"why does our tummy hurt when we are hungry?"
"because we need to eat"
it went on like this for a few more rounds
-----fast forward to when Marcus gets home the next morning-----
"daddy did you buy me nice things?"
I had to laugh at that one!

---------------------------------------------------------

update in other areas:
Ainslee is still not walking, I dont see that milestone happening for at least a couple of weeks, but then again she has surprised me before.
She is saying more words, including: more (as in, more food), dada, mama, ball (her favorite toy), ugh ugh (thats supposed to be a barking noise, when she sees a dog), and cup. I think that is all her words.
She is still nursing, and I am super proud to say that she has NEVER had a single ounce of formula. I even still have bottles in the freezer. I am planning on making this topic a post of its own hopefully soon.
Kaylee thinks that it is a good idea to start getting out of her bed without permission. Let's just say that we have been butting heads regarding this decision lately, and it hasnt been pretty!
Both girls continue to eat us out of house and home.....literally, our cupboard is bare and so is our freezer!
Ainslee had her 1 year photo shoot with my friend Bethany, who has been photographing her since she was like 4 minutes old! I will be posting some of those pics soon.....so stay tuned cause they are AWESOME!

1 comment:

Crista and Harry said...

a good strategy to deal with 'why' questions is to answer her question with a question. "Why does the man have to take a break?" You can say..."Why do you think someone needs a break?" or "Can you guess why he might need to buy us food?", etc.