Monday, February 1, 2010

Bahama Breeze

We decided to use our $50 gift card I got in the mail after complaining about the service and food we received from a local restaurant at our last visit. I couldn't believe it when we got the letter of apology regarding my complaint and it was accompanied by 50 bucks! That makes $85 from that restaurant for the past 2 visits (after complaining about the horrible service, frozen food served to us, GF food that was completely botched, and more). So instead of subjecting ourselves to the torture of eating there again, after hitting up costco, the recycle place, and the mall for a few quick rides on the carousel, we decided to eat at one of our favorite spots, Bahama Breeze. If you haven't been there in awhile (like us) you should go. They have added many new things to the menu and their service and food are always GREAT! Since we had the "free money" we decided to splurge a little bit. We got this new appetizer Crab, Shrimp, Mango and Avocado Stack and it was divine! Obviously I didn't eat the shrimp bit the rest was gorgeous (as the Irish say). Ainslee took care of the avocado and mango. Kaylee chowed down on the chipy crackery garnish things that were served on the side, and the shrimp and some crab too. While Marcus and I finished off the rest. Oh it was soooo yummy!

For our main meals Marcus got his usual Lobster and Shrimp Linguine and I, YES ME, decided to step out of my box and order something completely different (I think this is only the 2nd time I have EVER ordered anything different at Bahama Breeze), I got the grilled salmon! And it too was fabulous! My sides were mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli, and plantains. We all left there pretty much stuffed. But afterwards Marcus and I decided that it is probably about time that we start ordering the girls their own meals, I think they can just about split and FINISH an entire adult meal. Kaylee helped Marcus with his lobster and shrimp from his dish (even though it was with the pasta, we have been letting her have little bits and pieces of gluten, havent decided when we will totally add it to her diet yet). Ainslee devoured everything I put in front of her (like that's anything new). But the biggest highlight of the night was the fact that Ainslee used the potty for the first time in a public place (well I think it is the 1st time). YAY Ainslee! And to think Kaylee was just about this age when I started EC with her. We got home a little after bedtime, and wisked them straight into their beds. It was such a great night.......wouldve been an even BETTER night if Marcus didnt have to go to work! I go through my phases, and currently I am in a phase where I cant sleep when he is not in the bed with me! Lets just say it makes for a LOOOONG week waiting for my 2 measly nights I get to cuddle with him. Oh well, the prices we pay.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Yum! We love Bahama Breeze! It reminds me a lot of living in Miami...lots of flavors you don't readily find here in the Deep Fried South. :) Glad you guys had a good time!

Oh, and thanks for your comments about Preslie...I appreciate your input a lot!