Friday, November 21, 2008

Updates on everything

This morning went great! We got to the doctor on time, but they were not ready for us. So we had to wait longer than expected. After all the paperwork was filled out we were ready to go back to our "holding room". That's the place where we were briefed by the anesthesiologist and the nurse, and waited for Kaylee to come back from the procedure. After explaining how everything was going to work, they took Kaylee back to the surgery room. We could hear her crying until she past out from the anesthesia. I was really surprised, and actually felt guilty about not being nervous or scared or upset. They told us it would be about 25 minutes, but about 15 minutes later they came back and said she was in recovery. They keep her in recovery until she opens her eyes, and then they bring her back to us. They said it would be about 10 more minutes, and once again they were wrong, less than 5 minutes later we hear her screaming in the hallway. They had warned us about how she would act when they brought her back and they were right on. She was still a little out of it to say the least. Marcus thought they gave her a few too many martinis. She had trouble with her hand eye coordination and her balance. She looked like a newborn that didn't have control over her body, she was having trouble holding her head up and sitting without falling over. I felt so sorry for her. She didn't know what she wanted, she was crying for no reason and would ask for things and then throw them down when we gave them to her. Surprisingly, they said that she was reacting much better than most. We were able to to leave shortly after speaking with the doctor. When we left we headed straight to get something to eat. I figured she would be hungry, but she proved me wrong once again. She was still not acting herself. Once we got home she was pretty much back to her normal monster self. She was running around the house like a crazy person, seemingly unfazed by the mornings events. I was able to get a little bit of food in her which made me feel better. I was hopeful about getting a little nap in while she napped. I put her down and climbed into bed, only to be rudely awoken about 20 minutes later. I guess she was ready to get up and run around again. Her entire schedule was pretty much shot at this point. I had some errands to run and Marcus was sleeping so we began getting ready to leave, when thankfully my dad called and offered for me to drop her off over there while I ran my errands. I gladly accepted the offer and was able to run all my errands without worrying about her. She had a great time playing with grandma and grandpa. When I picked her up we headed straight home and into the bed.

Upstairs update:
My errands today included getting a truck full of insulation for my dad and Marcus to hang this weekend. I hope I got enough to keep them occupied! We have the plumbing and HVAC inspector coming Monday. And in order to pass inspection we had to have some stairs that lead up to the furnace unit put in. Tonight they installed those stairs, so hopefully we will pass inspection. But it doesn't look like any of the other workers can come next week, I guess cause of the holiday and all. So we have a few days to get the insulation and the rest of the prepping done ourselves. Then the week after thanksgiving we will have the framers and drywall guys out, and hopefully get a few steps closer to finishing. I promise pictures will be coming shortly. I will take some this weekend, before and after insulation (and maybe even some during).

Hawaii update:
We have our tickets booked for our house hunting trip. We are leaving next Friday for 5 nights, I am really excited about the trip. However, it is not getting any easier saying that we are moving to Hawaii, I think i am still in shock by it all. This will be the first time Marcus and I have ever flown together. It is hard to imagine of all the trips we have been on we have never travelled and sat together on the plane, well besides one trip with Kaylee to Boston. So I guess it is the only kid free trip we will have taken together and actually been together the entire trip. Our friends Kyle and Kristy, from Springfield Missouri, have already booked their tickets and they are going to meet us there. We are so excited to get to see them and they are excited to get away from their 4 boys for a few days. I will take lots of pictures and share them with you when we get back. I really hope that we are able to find a house so we can check that off of our list of things to do.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments: