Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day (a day late)

Happy day after Turkey Day!

We are on the plane on the way to maui, Marcus is sleeping and I am bored to death, there's only so much people watching, sudoku puzzles, and reading I can handle. I would be watching a movie however our DVD player failed to charge last night so I can't enjoy that luxury right now. So I thought I would write a quick post (but I can't post it until we land and I get a signal).

Yesterday was quite eventful to say the least. With all the commotion that went on I never even got a chance to text everyone a Happy Thanksgiving text. And here's why......

Marcus had arranged for my brother to come over and help get some stuff done upstairs so that he could get some sleep. About 845 John comes over and we go upstairs so I can show him what to do, when all of a sudden I hear a loud THUD! I go to see what happened and I find that John had fallen through the ceiling. Luckily only the bottom half went through and he was able to pull himself back up. It took me a few seconds to realize that he fell through right above kaylee's room, where she was still sleeping. At that point she obviously was no longer sleeping! I ran down to get her to find the ceiling pieces and insulation all over her room and bed. She was shaking and terrified!!! I am sure she thought the aliens were coming down to get her. It took her a good few minutes to quit shaking and realize that she was safe. I couldnt believe my eyes, I didn't know what do do or say. All I could think about was we were leaving the next day and this was one more thing I would have to deal with when we get back. Needless to say I spent the entire day cleaning up and emptying her room, with the mere HOPE that my dad can arrange someone somehow to fix it before we return.

By 1 PM I was phyiscally and emotionally drained! I was having pains in my belly, and knew I needed to rest but Kaylee was so terrified of going to bed she refused to take a nap in her room. So I decided to pack what I could and head over to my moms house early. We finished the rest of the preping for dinner and waited for everyone else to arrive. We sat down to an awesome dinner. Kaylee loved the turkey leg my dad gave her and thoroughly enjoyed having her plate on her tray so she could eat all by herself like the big girl she "thinks" she is. After dinner it was Kaylee's bedtime and she was clearly exhausted from the days events. Apparently the trauma she had experienced earlier in her bed was still very fresh on her mind and she absolutely refused to be left alone in her bed. It made me so sad because she loves her bed she loves going to sleep and now she is scared something is going to attack her through the ceiling. After about 2 hours of struggling with her Marcus and I decided we HAD to go so that we could pack. My mom decided she would lay with her in the bed that is in her room and she drifted off to sleep. However Kaylee has never been the type to sleep good with people or on people so I knew it wouldn't last long.

Marcus and I reluctantly headed home to pack and we finally climbed in bed somewhere around midnight. We had to be up at 5 to catch our flight. I got a few stretches of sleep in between my bathroom breaks and waking up thinking of things I forgot to pack.
We left the house, a few minutes behind schedule, but made it to the airport in time. Our layover in phoenix was perfect, just long enough to get a good bite to eat and make it too our next flight. I was able to sleep for about 1 1/2 hours, which was a nice break, but when that is only 1/4 of the flight it doesn't seem like that long.
I am so excited to get to see my friend Kristy and her husband Kyle, it has been like 4 years since we saw each other last. I am looking forward to catching up and enjoying the rest of the trip.

No comments: