Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grandpa survived

Today I had my big glucose doctor appointment! Let me just tell you how excited I was to get to drink that FABULOUS drink! JK
Anyways so I had scheduled my dad to keep Kaylee for me since my mom is out of town. I will have to admit I was a little worried about leaving her with him for that long by himself, it ended up being like 6 1/2 hours after i added all my other errands to the list.
I brought Kaylee over to him as soon as she woke up this morning. I fed her breakfast and then left for my appointment. Dad felt the need to give her not 1, but 2 more pieces of fruit after her breakfast. That is how grandpa "bonds" with his grand baby, by feeding her, and she absolutely LOVES him for it!

I realized when i was in the waiting room of the doctors office that i did not tell him what time to put her down for nap. So i decided to call.
I started by saying, "i forgot to tell you what time to put her down"
and before i could get the rest of my sentence out
dad says, "She's already down"
I was like "really? she usually goes down about 10:30, but since she slept in a little this morning i was going to tell you she can stay up until 11."
Dad said, "well i asked her if she was ready for bed and she went back to her room and grabbed her blanket, so i put her down."
"GOOD JOB DAD!" i replied

He has put her down in the past, but i was proud of him, he did it without me even telling him the time or giving any instructions and without mom there either.
So after nap Mary got home from school and played with her. Kaylee adores Mary! Dad decided to pawn off his babysitting responsibilities on her while he went and ran some errands. Then he got back in just enough time for Mary to go to work. When I got there to pick her up she had just finished ANOTHER snack and they were playing in the garage. Kaylee was enjoying running out in the rain and then back into the garage. Dad even got down a little folding lawn chair for Kaylee to sit in. She thought she was such a big girl sitting next to grandpa in her own big girl chair!

These are the days i am going to desperately miss while we are in Hawaii!

1 comment:

Damie said...

I think what bothers me most about this post is the fact that mary is working! yikes we are old!!! okay, let's talk asap. I get more phone minutes on the 19th, wed. So let's chat wed night!!!!