Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Freaky Coincidence

My dad has 3 brothers, all of which look similar, which isnt really THAT important to my story, or surprising considering they are brothers. But anyways my dad lives here, one uncle lives in the St Louis area with most of the rest of the family, one lives in Chicago, and the other lives in Jackson Hole Wyoming. They all look like mountain men if you ask me, check out there picture here from the family reunion a couple years ago. Anyways, the point of my story is that my uncle that lives the farthest away just had a "freaky" coincidental experience! He has lived out there for at least 30+ years. He knows EVERYONE in Jackson Hole! He was in the liquor store the other day, and saw an unfamiliar face with a accent that he sort of recognized, and he knew wasnt local. (just for clarification i have NO idea what a Wyoming accent sounds like)  So he asked the lady where she was from. She told him she was from Tennessee. My uncle asked "Oh yeah? where abouts in Tennessee?" She looked at him a bit confused and said "Well this small town in west Tennessee named Collierville." To which my uncle replied "then you just might know my brother, his name is John Meehan." The lady looked at him, with what Im sure was a WTF look and said "I SURE DO! My name is Lori Averill! Ive known him for a very long time!"

What are the chances? Seriously Jackson Hole is like 1600 miles away (i dont know that off the top of my head, i looked it up), and the fact that they were in the SAME liquor store at the SAME time?!? Really?

I grew up with Mrs. Averill's girls, we played sports together and went to the same school. Her oldest daughter is the one I told you about who owns the organic juice bar Cosmic Coconut. When my dad told me the story I couldnt believe it, but it just goes to show what a SMALL world we live in, which I think is kind of comforting at times.

No comments: