Saturday, September 10, 2011

Washington Trip - the planning phase

As I mentioned in last week's wordless Wednesday post, we are planning a trip to Washington State to visit friends and be there for our godson's christening. I have been busy trying to get the trip planned, hoping that the planning will lead us to a successful, educational, problem-free, worry-free trip. Is that too much to ask for?


I have booked a condo about 14 miles from our friends house, in the cute little town of Port Townsend. We will stay with them the 1st night, then check into our condo for the next 6 nights. We are on the wait list for the condo for the 7th night, but if we dont get it, then we will be staying with them another night. Then we drive back to Seattle for 2 nights. While there I am planning our visits to the Space Needle, Science Museum, Fish Market, and maybe a harbor boat tour. While we will be staying there 2 nights, we really only have a day and a half so see Seattle. I was able to book another one of our resorts for Seattle as well, so we will be staying right downtown less than a mile from everything for a fraction of the price. I was STOKED about this incredible find, and the fact that it was available!

While in Port Townsend and Sequim (thats where they live) we are planning on visiting Olympic State Park and driving up to Hurricane Ridge, there are supposed to be some fantastic views from up there, and considering my 7 month pregnant state and the time of year we are going to have to forgo the hiking part of the trip and opt for driving instead. We might pay a visit to a local winery, where I plan on buying some bottles to bring home with us and enjoy after this little one is born. We are going to take a driving tour of the Olympic Game Farm. And maybe hang out at the Dungeness Recreation Area a couple of times. I cant express how excited I am to finally get to make it up to the Northwest part of our beautiful country. I know that this trip will NOT disappoint!

We are also trying to arrange to visit some long time family friends who have lived out there for YEARS. They used to live up the street from us growing up, and since moving to Washington they travelled back here for our wedding and to Mexico for Crista's wedding. I am hoping that while in the Seattle area we are able to hook up with them.

As usual we will be flying standby, and with only one non-stop flight per day, and considering our circumatances and the distance of the trip I REALLY hope that we are lucky enough to make it on each of the non-stop flights! And maybe, just maybe, my husband might give me an early "birthing gift" and let me sit in 1st class while he takes care of the girls in coach. That is IF a 1st class seat is open, but here's to hoping!

No comments: